• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BB_Adept

Reaction score
Just asked @kiya about the prices for a custom made 22 inch pequeno a mano or frisco chain and for the price of a gordo a mano bracelet.
Hope it will ve possible to have this made and at a decent price (i assume i will go for the frisco chain, the peq. Is a little too expensive imho, even though i do like the look).

Chrikelnel

Reaction score
I’ve always wondered if GA would do it if you sent it in. I wouldn’t mind turning a 30” into a 27” chain.

feliks

Reaction score
so I finished rewatching the sopranos recently and I want a pinky ring with a stone in it. who does good ones? I'd like one a little more understated as opposed to a big ****** one like paulie's:

1058390-tony.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
so I finished rewatching the sopranos recently and I want a pinky ring with a stone in it. who does good ones? I'd like one a little more understated as opposed to a big ****** one like paulie's:

1058390-tony.jpg

That's an onyx ring. You can find them on eBay for relatively cheap. Some "fashiony companies," such as Tom Wood, also sell them through fashion retailers such as Mr. Porter and End.

Sam H

Reaction score
Hey all. Apologies if this has been answered, trying to peruse the thread now.

I’m wondering about good stores in NYC to buy a gold chain. I want something thinner, but very long and dangly, no pendant. Probably a curb chain, yellow gold, solid, 14k. Without having tried on any, I’m thinking the size I envision would be 1.5-3mm x 30”.

The look I like is subtle (hence the thinner width) but relaxed (hence length) such that it easily falls below the sternum.

4097FB71-E133-4CDE-BE16-D9590FEF0A3D.jpeg
Even though that looks like a mariner chain, that’s the general idea of what I like. I’d wear it similarly, probably not often over the shirt and without a pendant.
Im looking for general holes in my reasoning/requirements from people more knowledgeable as well as reputable NYC dealers/tips to avoid getting ripped off since I never really buy precious metals.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey :) i recently got a size a cutout rosette as a necklace pendant. I like wearing it and it does not leave my neck. My fiance said it looks feminine/gay (her words not mine). I dont care, i am wearing it anyway. If anything i should probably have gotten size b but i do not want to reorder.

However, i still need a decent chain. Currently i am using an old silver chain which cost 30 euros 10 years ago. Its very (!) thin. I like the pequeno a mano, the frisco, curbed and box chains. I do not like Ball chains at all. I think i am looking for a thickness of around 2mm, the size should be 55-56cm. The 21 inch versions are too small for my neck, 24 inch is too long.
Any suggestions?
Again, since i am ordering online, finding and estimating the right thickness is tricky.

i have the Size A cut-out rosette pendant and im wearing it with a pequeno a mano chain. it doesnt look gay or girly to me...
necklace.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Peanut and Co. keyring with two Good Art Sacred Hearts, a mini-rosette pendant with brown diamonds, and then a Good Art 58" SAK. I dunno if my cellphone is working, but if I can show you in a pic, I will.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sup.
View attachment 1541132

Got Kei's Ryu necklace recently. Think I'm pretty happy and satisfied with the collection I have now (gotten more not shown in thread). The only thing I can think I might want to get would be those (custom?) black/oxidize Kei Shigenaga rings.
View attachment 1541133
Very nice, but... how come you have so many keys? Are you a super or a janitor?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads