• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The header is a local product I found. Sort of like Corten, with similar rusting color, but thicker so as not to create a sharp edge. I have a young daughter so didn't want to put Corten into the lawn. Comes in 8' segments that bend with some muscle grease or can be ground off. View attachment 1593304

Local soil underneath. My house sits on a pad that was cut out of a hillside (the remainder of which rhe brick wall contains), so no need for aggregate really. Its very compacted and full of clay as is. Means the adjacent planting bed needs to be heavily amended.

And ya, the wall is one of the few things the old owners did i actually like, though the wiggle is more extreme in some places than others.
View attachment 1593307
I like that wall but please give your lemon some love. Looks magnesium deficient.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that wall but please give your lemon some love. Looks magnesium deficient.

Been trying to figure out what's wrong with him. He's been getting fed a bloodmeal compound along with a specialized citrus fertilizer. I had to trench up the lawn to redo all the irrigation as the old owners put in ****** soft flex pipe. Worried he got a little hated.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been trying to figure out what's wrong with him. He's been getting fed a bloodmeal compound along with a specialized citrus fertilizer. I had to trench up the lawn to redo all the irrigation as the old owners put in ****** soft flex pipe. Worried he got a little hated.
Try a handful of epson salts. If that does not work, get some Cal Mag from the grow shop. Nitrogen diffeciency also causes yellowing, but if you are giving it a fertilizer I doubt that is the issue.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try a handful of epson salts. If that does not work, get some Cal Mag from the grow shop. Nitrogen diffeciency also causes yellowing, but if you are giving it a fertilizer I doubt that is the issue.

I'll give it a try. My other citrus does not have this issue.
I'm also suffering a gopher/vole invasion. Have lost 25+ Lantana, a crepe myrtle, and almost a moro blood orange (something chewed through the whole trunk 3" above ground, but I left it in and its resprouting).

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* gophers. If you find a real solution for those you'd be a rich man.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to try to get a resident barn owl, but the Great Horned Owls in the area like to....eat them.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A buddy's dogs.

2137F94E-60EF-4D26-8398-1F42F99424FB.jpeg

1E937593-46B1-4502-98EE-FB5FC7C432BD_1_105_c.jpeg

D68CAFD1-CF49-404F-8536-BB74183F7D4D_1_105_c.jpeg

lefty

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Traps are the way , I use macabees and gophinators but you gotta dig holes. I catch 9 out of 10

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How does that dog still kinda look cute with a dead gopher in its mouth and blood all over its snout?

Gopher is in fact a nutria. But to answer your question - the world loves a born fighter.

lefty

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads