• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I should add that if you wanted to replace the 220v outlet with a 120v one it'd only cost about $15 in materials. I could do it in about 20 minutes. No telling what an electrician would charge though.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Edit:
Will this adapter work? From Home Depot.
Since nobody answered this question--no, it won't. It sort of vaguely looks like a 120v outlet but it's about twice the size and is still 220v; it doesn't change the electrical configuration of the outlet (just the physical configuration).

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks dudes @RedLantern @Numbernine @Ataturk

After further researching, my options are either to:

A) Branch out from the washer outlet but that would require me to fish the electrical wire behind the dry wall and around a corner. May need to drill through a few studs as well; or
B) Replace the 250v outlet and circuit breaker. Part of me wants to keep the 250v outlet because it seems like I can use that as a charger for my future Tesla lol.

This is all in the garage and parts of the wall are uncovered where you can see some of studs. Conceptually I understand both approaches, will need to think about it some more which method is more practical. Right now I am leaning towards option B. Will check again in the morning to see how easy would it be to pull wires from the washer outlet since that does seem like the least amount of electrical work (i.e. eliminates working with the circuit breaker).

Edit:
Replacing the OEM power cord would be ideal but I cannot find one that is beyond 6'.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks dudes @RedLantern @Numbernine @Ataturk

After further researching, my options are either to:

A) Branch out from the washer outlet but that would require me to fish the electrical wire behind the dry wall and around a corner. May need to drill through a few studs as well; or
B) Replace the 250v outlet and circuit breaker. Part of me wants to keep the 250v outlet because it seems like I can use that as a charger for my future Tesla lol.

This is all in the garage and parts of the wall are uncovered where you can see some of studs. Conceptually I understand both approaches, will need to think about it some more which method is more practical. Right now I am leaning towards option B. Will check again in the morning to see how easy would it be to pull wires from the washer outlet since that does seem like the least amount of electrical work (i.e. eliminates working with the circuit breaker).

Edit:
Replacing the OEM power cord would be ideal but I cannot find one that is beyond 6'.
Drive around the neighborhood on garbage day until you find someone throwing away a vacuum cleaner or the like with a long, three prong cord. Cut that sucker off and use it. Or you could just buy an extension cord and cut the end off, I guess.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your hardware store probably has stuff to make your own cord as well. I did that once for a disposal I forgot to order a plug for.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This dahlia got so large the stalk couldn’t hold up and it faceplanted in the flower bed. Might as well provide a few more days of ornamentation indoors.

2ACC0438-324C-44FE-8180-3AD67A84F81D.jpeg

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished up the bluestone pathway at the side of the house. Too shaded to grow ground cover between the flags so we just mulched instead. Forgot to take a "before" shot but trust me it's nicer now.

IMG_2020.jpg

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Path has gates (of same design as railing) at both ends. One leads to back yard, one to side terrace.

Joytropics

Reaction score
Is anyone else trying to buy a house right now? It's incredibly frustrating. I thought I found a hidden gem of a neighborhood - nope. Properties are selling within 24 hours, sometimes for $20-$30k over list price.

This is not in a hype-y major city either...

I keep upping my budget and expanding my search and it doesn't seem like it's getting any better.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We sold a house during the height of the pandemic. I thought it was going to be a risky proposition, but within 24 hours we had a couple bids over asking. This is in a suburban area, where apparently there is some additional movement. Insanely low interest rates and people appreciating their living spaces more make it a hotter environment than I'd have expected during otherwise uncertain times.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
perusing my email market update from a local realtor inventory is very very very pinched here as has been the case the last 5 years at least. i don't see that changing.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are about to list our house. Anything sub-$500K in a reasonable distance from Nashville gets bought pretty quickly. Moving up to the sub-$750K range and it takes a little longer to sell depending on quality. Sub-$1M adds a ton of inventory within reasonable distance.

The “investors” seem to snap up houses for $400-$500K, put in $250K Max, then try to sell. After touring a couple of these houses, the shiny new stuff lures people in but there are shortcuts all over. One house listed a gas range then when you showed up you learned a gas line will be another $15K IF the city lets you get gas. Bargain bin windows are standard but white and gray pallets and open floor plans lure people in.

Will know more about selling in 2 weeks. Set my hopes low and anything better is icing on the cake

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gotta play the game. Round here, that sort of non-disclosure is grounds for a failed inspection and a notice of defect that will lead to full disclosure next time seller lists. I don't miss that part of home purchasing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads