• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dryer installed with new outlet connected across the garage to an existing outlet. Dad's are the best really. (I helped some.)

On a related note, cleared out the garage, cleaned up, and moved gym in while still able to fit my car so I am happy about that.

On a separate note, does anyone have suggestions for a pair of footwear, does not have to be fashionable, for home on hardwood floors? I keep going back to Birkenstock’s but curious if others share or have different experience.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
On a separate note, does anyone have suggestions for a pair of footwear, does not have to be fashionable, for home on hardwood floors? I keep going back to Birkenstock’s but curious if others share or have different experience.

Haflinger Grizzly?

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dryer installed with new outlet connected across the garage to an existing outlet. Dad's are the best really. (I helped some.)

On a related note, cleared out the garage, cleaned up, and moved gym in while still able to fit my car so I am happy about that.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/Nappa-Backless-Slippers/602H,default,pd.html

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just picked those up - look excellent. Debonair, suave and Made in England.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems I forgot to put down a preventative fungicide on the lawn this year and now my front lawn is riddled with what looks like brown patch and dollar spot. Looks awful. Definitely removes some of the pleasure of “self - landscaping”.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a lot of the U.S., it's been a brutal stretch of heat this summer. If you're in a place that's growing cool season grass, it's just gonna be rough going right now. I obviously have no idea what your grass looks like and you have expressed a lot of knowledge in the past, but are you sure it's not just areas of grass going dormant? That's happening to lots of people right now, including myself. I know I have a tendency to over-diagnose issues in my lawn, so I thought I'd mention it. I'm just hanging-on right now and hoping to fully enjoy my grass again in the fall and spring when the cool season stuff thrives.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im in the northeast. Im pretty sure its fungus. Its not awful and i know it will grow out. The patches just look spotty and bad right now.

my diagnosis is based on white mycelium i can see in some of the spots first thing in the morning.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Around here at least fungus is rarely an issue in the middle of the summer. It's usually a disease of the fall or spring when it's cool and rainy and the ground stays wet for days at a time.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Around here at least fungus is rarely an issue in the middle of the summer. It's usually a disease of the fall or spring when it's cool and rainy and the ground stays wet for days at a time.

around here the hot and humid summer is exactly when fungus is an issue.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we just spent a day and half digging out an enormous ten-yo liquidambar stump in the front yard. you couldn't see any of the stump on the surface but there was quite a lot remaining under a nominal grade. so there was an ugly ringworm of weeds and fungus etc in the front lawn.

dug it out, added loam, started a compost pile on top and will be planting (partly a grass mix, some of this area will be converted to a veg screen in front of a bathroom window) later as this is on the north side of the house.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If i didnt have kids, i would highly consider a clover lawn. Even with kids i am considering a clover lawn for the front yard.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planter planting progress. Naughty lettuces in cages. Below the retaining wall, we're going to put in some small citrus trees interspersed with rosemary hedge.

1594859625268.png

Last edited:

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My dog caught a rat back in our vegetable garden this evening. Good dog.

Some bastard animal (probably a deer) ate a bunch of my hosta, inside the fenced in back yard. Got a couple of the accessible vegetables too, tops of a lettuce and the peppers. Jerks.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The deer scalped my beautiful peach tree. I lost 10 peaches this year because **** deer. I have now made a giant circular fence around the tree to try and prevent this. **** deer

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics