• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The FRIDAY - Riot of Colour - Challenge 15th August 2015

Pick your man!

• Clags

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Upr

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Tristram

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Bien

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Cleav

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Choc

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Futuremyth

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Roy Al

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • KT

• DC

• Mr K

• CBJ

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Thin White Duke

• Flying Monkey

Votes: 18 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cleav's running the comp, it's approaching midnight on Monday GMT. I'd say FM has it in the bag.

I'm so up for a white jacket challenge.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The poll is still open. Vote late, vote often!

Indeed.

The past few challenges people have jumped in and declared a winner long before the voting finished.

I do wish they wouldn’t, as a point of fairness to all the entrants.

Cheers,

Ac

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My objective is typically to cast a single vote.

+1

I really don't get the vote for multiple people process. I get it...but I don't.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, multiple votes means you really don;t have a favorite.
It should 1 and done IMO.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Indeed.

The past few challenges people have jumped in and declared a winner long before the voting finished.

I do wish they wouldn’t, as a point of fairness to all the entrants.

Not to mention that a certain contributor tried to persuade the denizens of the thrift thread to vote for Futuremyth* (hence the last minute micro-surge)... one gets the feeling that some people take things a little bit too seriously.

*not at all his doing

futuremyth

Reaction score
Not to mention that a certain contributor tried to persuade the denizens of the thrift thread to vote for Futuremyth* (hence the last minute micro-surge)... one gets the feeling that some people take things a little bit too seriously.

*not at all his doing

You're right, it's unfair to try and drum up votes, and I apologize for doing so. Just excited about being able to participate in one of these challenges I usually watch from the sidelines. I've removed the post.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're right, it's unfair to try and drum up votes, and I apologize for doing so. Just excited about being able to participate in one of these challenges I usually watch from the sidelines. I've removed the post.

Nothing unfair about campaigning for votes, it's what every politician does.
And I don't think it's @FlyingMonkey who should be complaining in this case...

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing unfair about campaigning for votes, it's what every politician does.
And I don't think it's @FlyingMonkey who should be complaining in this case...

I'm not complaining. Quite the opposite. I think it's amusing.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Frankly, I didn't expect you would win when i saw your entry. because it really was a riot of color. a real "FU" jacket. and you carried it well.

Your fit was great imho. and i hope you will play regularly.

I'm sure even the regular 5-6 guys who have been keeping these going welcome some new players. with them, they bring different styles. And some surprise entries.

*not at all his doing
If the Thrifters are unaware that one of our own flock, are pitting their skills against the Forums elite? like @Cleav @Coxsackie @sugarbutch and other Jedi masters of style? It's worth checking out. I have no problem at all being the Friday challenge "Paul Heyman"
lol8[1].gif

Just for you, i will congratulate great entries earlier in the week.

The "Friday Challenge" has meaning. . to push the limits of your personal style. To try something new, and wear it like you mean it.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@futuremyth , you should absolutely participate as much as possible - and so should everyone else who has something to offer.

Anyway, this challenge is over, get over to the new one...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads