• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The FRIDAY - Riot of Colour - Challenge 15th August 2015

Pick your man!

• Clags

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Upr

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Tristram

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Bien

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Cleav

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Choc

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Futuremyth

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Roy Al

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • KT

• DC

• Mr K

• CBJ

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Thin White Duke

• Flying Monkey

Votes: 18 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I am just thinking too much.

Or not enough.
sly.gif

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Having looked through the entries, I noticed that most of the pictures seemed to have been taken without leaving the house.  This challenge might have been more interesting if the entrants had to take a picture somewhere other than at home.

Sometimes I wonder if some of the people who post pictures taken at home on any of the various online websites where people post pictures of themselves actually go out in public wearing what they are wearing in their pictures.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having looked through the entries, I noticed that most of the pictures seemed to have been taken without leaving the house. This challenge might have been more interesting if the entrants had to take a picture somewhere other than at home.

Sometimes I wonder if some of the people who post pictures taken at home on any of the various online websites where people post pictures of themselves actually go out in public wearing what they are wearing in their pictures.

I, for one, changed my socks before leaving for work. Must admit I didn't want to ridicule myself anything more then I already do.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some good stuff here, and some extraordinary train-wrecks.

I voted Cleav and KT.

Also thanks Cleav for running the show. I was a bit preoccupied this week - haven't posted any fits on WAYWRN for a while and couldn't muster anything for this challenge either. Had a nice weekend with wifey though.

Thanks everyone for participating.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
^^ Same here. weather and commitments meant i couldn't come up with something i deemed worthy of entering. but it was a fantastic challenge. i made 3 votes this week. great work all who put in.

Looking forward to the next one, keep it weird!!
smile.gif
keep it challenging.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Some good stuff here, and some extraordinary train-wrecks.

I voted Cleav and KT.

Also thanks Cleav for running the show. I was a bit preoccupied this week - haven't posted any fits on WAYWRN for a while and couldn't muster anything for this challenge either. Had a nice weekend with wifey though.

Thanks everyone for participating.

Thanks Cox, much appreciated. Mind you, you did the leg work last time so all's square. Your turn next time :smarmy:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted for Bien, Choc and KT because they were all riotous enough as well as being good fits. There were a couple that were riotous without being particularly good fits. On the other hand, I thought Cleav's was a lovely fit but not quite riotous enough; the man is simply too tastefully understated! Clags and Crusty similarly so, although even less riotous than Cleav.
smile.gif

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Voted for FM. Less than ideal that it was just for the photo, but...

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for
The votes, guys! Very much appreciated.

Edit: i voted for Clags, Future (because that goddamn jacket) and the Duke.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voted for FM. Less than ideal that it was just for the photo, but...

Thanks for the vote.

To continue the general discussion, because it's interesting (and don't worry I don't take any offence at your comment)...

My view is that unless it's actually specified in the challenge requirements, there's no reason why anyone should be wearing the clothes in question all day or for any more than the time they take their pictures. Normally I don't even give this any thought at all when I'm looking at the pictures submitted; I judge them on the criteria of the challenge. As @Roycru suggests above, one suspects that many people submit entries specifically for these challenges that they may not actually be wearing for much more than the time it takes to take the picture, but they don't mention it... the difference is that I think that this is entirely their right to do so (unless the rules prohibit it that week) - @Roy Al just admitted that he didn't wear those socks to work after all, for example, and I just chose to be completely open about when and what I was wearing from the beginning. In the end, these are my clothes, they were worn this week, I have worn them before and I will wear them again. They fit the bill for the challenge, I think they are beautiful and I wanted to share my enjoyment of them with the forum. So I'm glad you liked it and I don't think you need have any reservations. :)

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FM I hadn't even considered those points until now, having assumed that entrants wore their outfits for the day (or part of it).

Having said that I changed some of my own items before going out as the rain got harder and was unsuitable for off-white trou and linen blazer!

I loved your fit but couldn't quite follow your explanation about how you brought the 'suit' together ?

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Note to self - "Next time, must stipulate that all posts in a FC should be worn for at last 5 (insert minutes.hours/days) in the wild" :smarmy:

How silly of me to have missed that, here's me assuming everyone actually.....

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved your fit but couldn't quite follow your explanation about how you brought the 'suit' together ?

Sorry, if I was unlear and too brief. The trousers were OTR and happened to be on sale from Dashing Tweeds direct. They are unusual (they have seam which spirals down the leg as opposed to running straight down the side). Around the same time, I got hold of a roll-end length of the same fabric from which the trousers were made (Regents Park check). I had intended to get something unusual made to go with the trousers more specifically (bias cut or with similarly twisted seams a la old school Vivienne Westwood), but in the end that proved difficult so I had a more conventional jacket and waistcoat made. As I said, I've worn it as a 3-piece before and no-one has noticed - and I also posted a fit with the jacket in WAYWRN back when I got it - still rumpled from my suitcase! - it's also amazing what difference the light makes to how the colour(s) of this one appear:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads