• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The F Word (Gordon Ramsay)

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Jesus that's some god awful plating. I just watched a few more... food is a bit boring but I'm sure it tastes incredible.

Fantastic interview with him:

http://www.salon.com/mwt/food/eat_dr...qa/index1.html

Being brought up under a chef like that, there's little surprise that Ramsay is the hardass he is now. It is kind of funny to see him before that time though.

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
I am a big fan of The F-Word. I love how he let his kids take care of pigs and go hunt for snails in their backyard.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

zeni

Reaction score
I've been pretty addicted to Kitchen Nightmares and The F-Word on BBC America. Agreed about the American Kitchen Nightmares... I like it, but you don't get that same feeling of that process of changing the place around. And Hell's Kitchen is way too Americanized-reality-show. btw, my friend sent me this link the other day:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2009/01/r...tmares-tv.html

Know Any Failing Restaurants For Gordon Ramsay's 'Kitchen Nightmares' Show?

Posted by Erin Zimmer, January 8, 2009 at 12:00 PM

20090107-kitchennightmares.jpgFox's Kitchen Nightmares is looking for bad-shape restaurants that need Gordon Ramsay's magic hands. Aren't all restaurants in less-than-good-shape right now with diners so freaked about the economy? Maybe this season Fox will receive a record number of submissions.

The casting directors sound pretty anxious. From an e-mail: "PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY."

Struggling restaurateurs should send the following info to [email protected]: name, contact info (including phone number), restaurant name, location (city/state), type of cuisine, your specialty, how many seats you have, how long you have been open, photos or website if available, and why you need Ramsay's help. "The MORE INFO THE BETTER."

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O my god, in the second season of F word, (2nd episode), he totally rips into some celeb chefs, including Marco P White.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
The women that eat at this restaurant are so ******* hot. Everytime they do an interview I'm like covering up my cakc.

?? Most of them are quite average. Dude, you need to get out more. I think we need to up your "girls that are hot" meter.

I loved when he told that obese black girl that she has a non-existent palet and that she clearly loves her food. I ******* love this man.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
?? Most of them are quite average. Dude, you need to get out more. I think we need to up your "girls that are hot" meter.

I loved when he told that obese black girl that she has a non-existent palet and that she clearly loves her food. I ******* love this man.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen me???

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen me???

Don't talk like a ******* loser. I've seen uglier than you do better than what's on that show. Chefs get great women.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't talk like a ******* loser. I've seen uglier than you do better than what's on that show. Chefs get great women.
I think it's more like 1% of chefs get great women, and they are the ones working in upper echelon restaurants. The obese head cook at the neighborhood Friday's isn't getting any.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I think it's more like 1% of chefs get great women, and they are the ones working in upper echelon restaurants. The obese head cook at the neighborhood Friday's isn't getting any.

I didn't mean them, I meant the star chefs.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This show confirms just how little most people know. All the complaints come from fat women. Anything not fried or swimming in oil is "bland".

zeni

Reaction score

I saw that episode. "I can see you love your food but.."
lol8[1].gif

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zeni
I saw that episode. "I can see you love your food but.."
lol8[1].gif

Yes, this is the one after that where this obese woman says that the mustard is "overpowering" the rabbit, afterwhich she stuffs her fat face with the whole thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads