• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

Nobunny

Reaction score
Ah, Trussardi 1911 was the brand I have been looking at. Thanks, manbag baows! Definately gonna kop me a camo bag, and post it here when it arrives.
inlove.gif

Mr.Chen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Agreed. Though I haven't seen it in person, having seen Ferre crocodile items at the boutiques before, my guess is it probably costs as much as a new Prius.
lol8[1].gif

www.trussardi1911.com

Here are a few from Trussardi 1911; they are doing a very nice men's collection, too, though the prices are REALLY high and I haven't seen them in person. As well, they have a good online shopping area where you can buy the bags. The croco bag in the lower right is $31K. Dayum...

Trussardi.jpg

And the camo-bag, which has been very popular... though for $1500, I think I'd want something other than camouflage...

Trussardi2.jpg

Hey at least it's not nylon and still cost 1500 like the prada camo

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.Chen
Hey at least it's not nylon and still cost 1500 like the prada camo
True! Prada has officially jumped the shark, in my book. I went to the flagship store in Tokyo this summer and saw all sorts of rip-off bags. Camo ripping off Trussardi, soft "puffy" nylon bags ripping off the Chanel "cocoon" bags, etc. Prada used to be a design innovator, now they're just waiting one season behind the others to rip them off and stick a Prada triangle on it.

Mr.Chen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
+1. I've never owned one, but what I've seen has been better styled and done than most other bags at that price point.

Anyway, in other news, through some site perusals, most of the major players have updated their online sites with the Spring Accessories and Bags collections. Like Valentino, most are sort of dull, with odd colors, textures, styles, and many with rather substantial price increases. Can't say I'm too excited about what's going to be in stores this summer.

More hideousness from S/S 2010 from LV. In case you don't remember the $54,000 barfing garbage can backpack I posted earlier, here are the $1960 trashbags:

louis-vuitton-trash-bag-purse-1.jpg

GOD!!! Kitchen tall garbage bag with lv handles... well played

Nadim

Reaction score
Maybe you guys can help. I saw a duffel bag at Gucci outlets. Probably an older collection because I can't find it on Gucci's website. From what I recall it's a medium duffel bag, navy with big white stripes near the handles, in a nylon fabric. Very retro style. It was around $700 or $800. Please, help me find a picture! TIA
smile.gif
EDIT: Looked similar to this one, but without red or green, a bit larger, and the navy was darker. Maybe a touch of tan, I don't remember.
Gucci%20Large%20Nylon%20Carry-on%20Duffel%20NavyBlue%20189655-139.gif

Mr.Chen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nadim
Maybe you guys can help.

I saw a duffel bag at Gucci outlets. Probably an older collection because I can't find it on Gucci's website.

From what I recall it's a medium duffel bag, navy with big white stripes near the handles, in a nylon fabric. Very retro style. It was around $700 or $800.

Please, help me find a picture!

TIA
smile.gif

EDIT: Looked similar to this one, but without red or green, a bit larger, and the navy was darker. Maybe a touch of tan, I don't remember.

Gucci%20Large%20Nylon%20Carry-on%20Duffel%20NavyBlue%20189655-139.gif

I do not think it has the value of 700.. it's just nylon.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
******* ugly, the disparity of style between Gucci's bags is insane

So you really thought the above pictured Gucci bag is authentic... !?

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*

Whether it is or not is irrelevant. Gucci DOES make bags that look like that. They also make bags that look like this:

Gucci_FW09-PonyHairDuffel.jpg

The divide between Gucci's brand images is something that is so bizarre to me.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Whether that particular bag is authentic or not I'm not sure (I think it probably is), that exact STYLE was made by Gucci last spring (or a few springs ago) and produced in their regular collection. The real one was just as bad, and looked fake... even in the Gucci store.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SW&D folk may like BASIL RACUK; an American designer I just heard of for the first time today. Some interesting items, but I haven't had a chance to see anything in person. Apparently all made in USA (Cali) and prices appear not to be absurd (looks like in between Coach and designers like Prada, so maybe $500-1000 for larger items) Sold at Leffot in NYC and Unionmade in San Fran. http://www.basilracuk.com/index.htm More pics/pricing here: http://www.luxist.com/gallery/basil-.../2633833/full/
productweekender.jpg
productvoyage2.jpg
productsoftbrief.jpg

pdsf

Reaction score
Another brand I discovered recently, via Selectism, is Galt Bags:
GALT-Zip-Messenger-1.jpg
GALT-Weekender-1.jpg
GALT-Dr-Doctors-Bag-2.jpg
GALT-Misc-Stack.jpg
Apparently they are all made in Italy. I love the minimalist design and grained leather. They are not cheap though, reportedly US$700-$1400, but perhaps the price to quality ratio may justify. I have not seen them irl so can't comment on that. Anyway, I really like the collection so far.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^Looks nice, though maybe a little TOO simple!
wink.gif
I like just a hint of flare. BUT, it reminds me of older Jil Sander or Prada. I'd like to see them in person to check out the hardware and such. Thanks for posting! I'm really glad that there are several brands out there now doing completely minimal designs with no logos, and pushing the quality of manufacture over the design.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads