• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The CM Graveyard: First Sartoria Partenopea... next J. Crew?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have O’Connor (score cheap on eBay like $600), it's clean, but I would prefer bigger lapel, i.e. in short, if I'm going to wear Tom Ford, I would only go for Windsor (then maybe narrow the leg a bit) or Shelton (in the rare case it comes in side vents), and definitely peak lapel

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going back to RL, some interesting pieces this year.

I'd be all over this if it didn't look so ridiculously short (although it could be the model's height):

s7-1368530_alternate10

s7-1368530_alternate6

Like the double pleats on the trousers. Also, looks like they're 'in-sourcing' back to Italy for their Polo suits. According to the description, they're also half canvassed.

Lastly, I can't tell if they're going for Cifonelli for their new 'Ralph' cut, or 30's Hollywood:

s7-1373009_alternate1

s7-1373009_alternate6

mosivy

Reaction score

I'd be all over this if it didn't look so ridiculously short (although it could be the model's height):

I'm pleasantly surprised by the trousers, but the jacket looks way too short. It's definitely not the model!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

s7-1368530_alternate10

s7-1368530_alternate6

Like the double pleats on the trousers. Also, looks like they're 'in-sourcing' back to Italy for their Polo suits. According to the description, they're also half canvassed.

Lastly, I can't tell if they're going for Cifonelli for their new 'Ralph' cut, or 30's Hollywood:

s7-1373009_alternate1

s7-1373009_alternate6

how tall are you, in general I would not worry about if it's ridiculous short, I think all retailer does the let me fit 38R on a 40L guy thing...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
speaking of RL, RL also has a 4x1 DB that I like, but it's on shawl lapel...

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how tall are you, in general I would not worry about if it's ridiculous short, I think all retailer does the let me fit 38R on a 40L guy thing...

I'm about 5'10/5'11. If the BOC is 29-30.5', then it could work on me. We'll see...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm about 5'10/5'11. If the BOC is 29-30.5', then it could work on me. We'll see...

definitely not a problem, I'm 36S to 36R (5'7"), and I can recall maybe ONCE that RLPL has 36R BOC < 29 inch, so definitely won't be an issue in say 38R/40R

edit: that's on RLPL though, I have seen some of the new Polo line (i.e. post made in Italy Corneliani days runs too short)

Last edited:

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

s7-1368530_alternate10

s7-1373009_alternate1

Those coats are far too short and surprised they styled them that way for the website. I mean, I know it's current "fashion" to wear short coats, but does Ralph really view that segment of the market as his target market? I might normally be tempted by that DB at the top, but what has been seen cannot be unseen, and I cannot see myself making that fit work, even if they put a 38S on a 38L model..

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those coats are far too short and surprised they styled them that way for the website. I mean, I know it's current "fashion" to wear short coats, but does Ralph really view that segment of the market as his target market? I might normally be tempted by that DB at the top, but what has been seen cannot be unseen, and I cannot see myself making that fit work, even if they put a 38S on a 38L model..

but that's kind the unfortunate norm everywhere these days..., so you have to kind "read between the line" on stock photo on major retailer these days...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RL website only gives chest and pants waist measurements. Short, Regular and Long were options for some sizes.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RL website only gives chest and pants waist measurements. Short, Regular and Long were options for some sizes.

and I don't think they're always accurate..., though "relative speaking" I remember they were accurate (i.e. the slim fit would have leg opening tighter than straight fit)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and I don't think they're always accurate..., though "relative speaking" I remember they were accurate (i.e. the slim fit would have leg opening tighter than straight fit)
I noticed the Anthony cut is gone apparently. Most of the suits there are Gregory with some Kent and Ralph I think.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, though have to call the Mansion to be sure, RL never put out full collection online, I suppose it's an incentive for you to go in, but in the current environment they probably should just put everything online...

p.s. and I really like Douglas, not sure why seems to be for retailer only (like Bergdorf Goodman for example)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup, though have to call the Mansion to be sure, RL never put out full collection online, I suppose it's an incentive for you to go in, but in the current environment they probably should just put everything online...

p.s. and I really like Douglas, not sure why seems to be for retailer only (like Bergdorf Goodman for example)
I have a Navy DB suit from Purple Label but forgot what cut it is. Now I have to go look. Wish I could wear it more. Stupid Covid.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads