• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Best Burgers Thread !!!

ts4them

Reaction score
^^ I like shake shack, but the line has gotten so ridiculous that I can't really go there very often. The burgers are good but what I really love is the crinkle cut fries (which you rarely find anywhere).

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ts4them
^^ I like shake shack, but the line has gotten so ridiculous that I can't really go there very often. The burgers are good but what I really love is the crinkle cut fries (which you rarely find anywhere).

yea i lvoe the burgers though..i havnt been there in a while

whenever im in nyc im only there for a bit and when going to shake shack is gonna cost me 2 hours (literally) then theres no point ..but they still have amazing burgers

ts4them

Reaction score
Apparently waiting in line for an hour (plus) has become the cool thing to do in the summer in NYC if you're "in the know"
plain.gif

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently waiting in line for an hour (plus) has become the cool thing to do in the summer in NYC if you're "in the know"
plain.gif

yup
last time I was there I waited about 1 hour and 20 min total from stepping in the line to getting my food ..yea I counted..

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
yup
last time I was there I waited about 1 hour and 20 min total from stepping in the line to getting my food ..yea I counted..

What makes the burgers so good?

ts4them

Reaction score
RE: Shake Shack - They have really fresh ingredients, potato rolls,meat is good quality too. The standout is that it's in a nice little park (Madison Square Park), and it's literally a shack so you aren't waiting inside. I don't LOVE potato rolls for hamburgers, but they're good for these burgers (which are kind of small btw). They also serve all these different frozen custards which is a big part of the draw.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
Of all the fast-food burgers, I prefer Burger King's flame-broiled offerings.

Culver's is also great, but I don't think they have coast-to-coast distribution, let alone international.

Jack in the box, don't think they have coast-to-coast either

@get smart
Tell him to stop riding Wolfgang Puck's jock so hard, will ya?

Being Austrian, I enjoy your statement double.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
@get smart Tell him to stop riding Wolfgang Puck's jock so hard, will ya? Being Austrian, I enjoy your statement double.
Actually, that was me, not Jason (Get Smart). I know we all look alike... but damn!
smile.gif

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Actually, that was me, not Jason (Get Smart). I know we all look alike... but damn!
smile.gif

Wait. That was YOU? I thought it was Kent Wang.
laugh.gif

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For chains, it's got to be In and Out Burgers. Their French Fries are also excellent!! The old Fatburger on La Cienega/San Vicente was the best but is now closed:-( For the price and value, Tommy's Burger in Beverly Blvd/Rampart is still one of L.A's best.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RE: Shake Shack - They have really fresh ingredients, potato rolls,meat is good quality too. The standout is that it's in a nice little park (Madison Square Park), and it's literally a shack so you aren't waiting inside. I don't LOVE potato rolls for hamburgers, but they're good for these burgers (which are kind of small btw). They also serve all these different frozen custards which is a big part of the draw.

SS is oversalting meat now. Plus the wait during normal lunch/dinner hour is completely ridiculous - it's now a known must-do tourist destination, and huge groups show up. Although the menu is posted in several spots to be considered as you stand on line, these people wait until they finally get to the window and then look at the menu for the first time - "hmmm, what are we in the mood for?" If you want to see to see what all the fuss is about, stop by off-hours (i.e. right when they open, late afternoon, post-dinner, rainy days, etc.)

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
How about this one to start:

Executive sous chef Kiyonari Araki serves a "wagyu" beef hamburger, priced at 13,450 yen ($112), at the Ritz-Carlton in Tokyo May 1, 2007. The burger is more than twice as expensive as the hotel's main burger and over 40 times as pricey as a McDonald's staple set. Picture taken May 1, 2007. (Reuters)

1013.jpg

Wow you'd have to have a pretty big mouth to eat that!

But then again, Japanese people cut up everything that they eat into little bite-sized pieces...
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads