• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Anti-LCD TV.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I present the Predicta: http://www.predicta.com/index.shtml
pedistal-main.jpg
danishmodern-living-big.jpg
It is currently manufactured by TelStar electronics, and needs to be pre-ordered two months in advance.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would obey that television.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Telstar Predicta is actually priced less than the original Philco Predicta of 1958 (indexed for inflation). Of course the Predicta with its complexity, cabinetry and unique features, is not priced with the cheapest TV you can find."

It's gonna be expensive, but LK, you are a man of means and taste. What kind of furniture would you need around that thing?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
"Telstar Predicta is actually priced less than the original Philco Predicta of 1958 (indexed for inflation). Of course the Predicta with its complexity, cabinetry and unique features, is not priced with the cheapest TV you can find." It's gonna be expensive, but LK, you are a man of means and taste. What kind of furniture would you need around that thing?
It is not that expensive--I think it starts at $3,000 and goes to about $5,000. I think some contemporary furniture would be acceptable, such as maybe Mathias Bengtsson, and an Arik Levy rock table. To anchor the stuff, we could have an antique Biedermeier in black lacquer with some mid-century pieces. The walls would be distressed silver leaf with black lacquer mouldings and traditional parquet floor. We could also do a very minimal setting, making the TV set as the "centerpiece" as it were.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate that textured ceiling.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it Photoshopped into that picture?

Anyway, everything about this is awful.

jkennett

Reaction score
Label King- I imagined your taste to be something more along the lines of this laptop.
steampunklaptop.jpg

Andrew V.

Reaction score
I love it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
What kind of furniture would you need around that thing?

Something that works with living in a bedroom at your parents' house.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just watching Toy Story 2 with my son on the weekend and, having read this thread, I noticed that the villian, Al of Al's Toy Barn, was depicted as having a Predicta television in his apartment.

Such is the power of SF - were it not for this place, I would never have picked up such a detail!

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want one of these TVs. It doesn't list on the site what kinds of video input it has. Just like PCs look like crap, what is taking companies so long to offer electronics that actually look good?
f_olive_r_white.jpg
I like this as it is the same color scheme of my entertainment center, which right now features a 20.1" Dell monitor. That laptop is cool too, but totally fake and photoshopped. That winder would make it impossible to close the lid. I'm trying to think how I could make my current computer look like the smaller Predicta.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads