• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Andrew Jackson, Handmade Irish Brogues

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not actually accusing anything here, but Caveat Emptor.

The only review available has just been posted by someone with just 11 posts on a forum. There is no way to verify Angeland isn't affiliated in some way to the company in question.

Not that this should stop you in any way, but Several average reviews would give a much better picture than one shining one.

If you do try these it would be great to get a second review either corroborating or giving alternate views.

As I say, I'm sure Angeland is an upstanding gent trying to help, but companies have rarely been above shilling in the past.

Stirling

Reaction score
I'm not actually accusing anything here, but Caveat Emptor.
The only review available has just been posted by someone with just 11 posts on a forum. There is no way to verify Angeland isn't affiliated in some way to the company in question.
Not that this should stop you in any way, but Several average reviews would give a much better picture than one shining one.
If you do try these it would be great to get a second review either corroborating or giving alternate views.
As I say, I'm sure Angeland is an upstanding gent trying to help, but companies have rarely been above shilling in the past.

Actually I think you are very close to making an accusation, through implication.

You've basically said there's no way to verify Angelands affiliation, well enlighten me can you verify that members with a hundred or more posts aren't affiliated in some way to companies or brands they discuss here?

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually I think you are very close to making an accusation, through implication.

You've basically said there's no way to verify Angelands affiliation, well enlighten me can you verify that members with a hundred or more posts aren't affiliated in some way to companies or brands they discuss here?

I'm saying that if the only review that exists comes from an anonymous source that is solicited from the "ether" then it has less value than a review coming from an proven impartial source with corroborative information.

That is basic research stuff, the same reason kids can't use Wiki' in academic papers; when a man knocks on your door with the latest Snake Oil, you don't snap it up.

I'm not saying that the review provided was in any way biased, but I am saying that it cannot be ruled out until it is reasonably backed up by other independent reviews.

Stirling

Reaction score
I'm saying that if the only review that exists comes from an anonymous source that is solicited from the "ether" then it has less value than a review coming from an proven impartial source with corroborative information.
That is basic research stuff, the same reason kids can't use Wiki' in academic papers; when a man knocks on your door with the latest Snake Oil, you don't snap it up.
I'm not saying that the review provided was in any way biased, but I am saying that it cannot be ruled out until it is reasonably backed up by other independent reviews.

Absolutely nothing wrong with your thought process and perhaps your intention, IF we were evaluating an academic paper, except we're not. This is an internet forum, you can't expect those standards to be applied here.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In which case I have some great products I'd love to sell you. Seriously they are great, much better than others. Exactly what you're looking for. PM me your bank account details and I shall take payment without hesitation.

Stirling

Reaction score
In which case I have some great products I'd love to sell you. Seriously they are great, much better than others. Exactly what you're looking for. PM me your bank account details and I shall take payment without hesitation.
I'm afraid your location renders that an impossibility
smile.gif

Robin Stewart

Reaction score
There is an old saying "you will never please all of the people all of the time!" Thankfully at Robinsons we do manage to please most of the people,most of the time! I must admit that I disagree with many of your comments,but then again I am slightly biased as I designed and made them!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads