• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

KarlHungus

Reaction score
90s made AEs FTW
IMG20240401080524.jpg

melcahoon

Reaction score
Check out this photo in an email I just got from AE. Their Basic Wide belt is long known for being a short-lived piece, and even their ads show why. That puckered rippling is a sure sign that they will look ruddy within a few weeks of wearing.
I have several other styles from AE that don't do this and are excellent belts, but the Wide belt is not a good one.
belt.jpg

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Check out this photo in an email I just got from AE. Their Basic Wide belt is long known for being a short-lived piece, and even their ads show why. That puckered rippling is a sure sign that they will look ruddy within a few weeks of wearing.
I have several other styles from AE that don't do this and are excellent belts, but the Wide belt is not a good one.
View attachment 2159315
I told that to a fellow buying one in the store. I also told him that a Shell belt would last him a lifetime. He looked at the belt that I was buying and then said that he was not as fancy as a Villa Park Italian. Poor guy doesn’t know that the mixed ones like me all live in Addison. I ain’t got no trans am.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love those @Hisheirness23! Thanks for the inspiration to finally pull these Chandlers out for the first time. Was frustrated with the leather quality and the fact these fit 1/2 size smaller than suede and calf Chandlers (I've tried multiple pairs before and after.) Finally decided wearing without an orthotic is better than them sitting in the box.

Also, big shoutout to Albert at Patina Works Arizona for cleaning up AEs mess. Highly recommend his services.

IMG_6320.jpeg
IMG_6323.jpeg
IMG_6325.jpeg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I'm overall pretty happy with this pair, I'm quite disappointed in that AE sent me a pair that was not the same one that they sent me a photo of. They sent me a photo a few months ago, and I patiently waited for the sale. Come March, they said they still had that pair in store and would send them to me. Upon closer inspection, I realized the welt was not the same and the pair I received was darker. I didn't realize it until after I had worn them off carpet. But on the other hand, who would think they would send me a different pair since I told them I wanted a lighter colored pair that they sent me a photo of? I have read at least once on here that AE did this to someone else. I guess I'm just disappointed they were dishonest. The customer service I had with Charleston is long gone it seems. Being truthful though, these do look really good for a darker pair. Just not quite what I was hoping for.

higgins.jpg

Last edited:

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I'm overall pretty happy with this pair, I'm quite disappointed in that AE sent me a pair that was not the same one that they sent me a photo of. They sent me a photo a few months ago, and I patiently waited for the sale. Come March, they said they still had that pair in store and would send them to me. Upon closer inspection, I realized the welt was not the same and the pair I received was darker. I didn't realize it until after I had worn them off carpet. But on the other hand, who would think they would send me a different pair since I told them I wanted a lighter colored pair that they sent me a photo of? I have read at least once on here that AE did this to someone else. I guess I'm just disappointed they were dishonest. The customer service I had with Charleston is long gone it seems. Being truthful though, these do look really good for a darker pair. Just not quite what I was hoping for.

View attachment 2159831
I love the rich chili color in these!

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's @donkeyhoatie's fault for showing me that light-colored chili Higgins do exist (although kind of rare it seems).
Can always leave them outside in that SoCal sun and kickback and enjoy the weather, then after a few beers and maybe a few more, bring them in and bam! Sun faded Chili!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads