• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

knezz

Reaction score
Bring the Liverpool back in Suede please.

Trying to get a bunch of small transmitter assets enrolled into our asset management system before we start moving all of our stuff from the construction office trailer into the building later this week.

View attachment 2034963
I assume they are the walnut brown?

They look a little darker (which I like). What color polish do you use?

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume they are the walnut brown?

They look a little darker (which I like). What color polish do you use?

Walnut, yeah. And uhhh... I have literally never done anything to these. No polish, conditioner, or brushing. I should definitely condition them now that I'm thinking about it.

MrOxford

Reaction score
Those C&J’s are… meh. The lacing system looks incongruous with the lovely conservative English last shape and generally clean cap-toe pattern. While I’m a big Blucher fan (especially LWB’s), I just don’t like Derby’s in general (with a few exceptions). I especially don’t like them in something as plain as those. It’s probably an unfair subjective assessment formed from seeing every cheaply cemented, vinyl soled Florsheim and J&M dress shoe built as a cap-toe derby.

If I’m going for a clean formal, “no brown around town” look, then I shoot for something like these:

View attachment 2045991
View attachment 2045993

Or these:
View attachment 2045997
(Whole cut hatorade in 3.. 2…)

Again, these are just like, you know, my opinions man.
I didn't realize AE made a wholecut called Hatorade. Thanks for sharing the pic.👍

ksinc

Reaction score
What do you do when there’s a sale and nothing else you want? AE needs some new colors and leathers.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you do when there’s a sale and nothing else you want? AE needs some new colors and leathers.

One has four options.

1. Stop shopping. Terrible idea, right?
2. Start hunting EBay for discontinued AE styles from the past.
3. Learn to strip and re dye AE shoes to new colors.
4. Start reviewing the selections of Alden, Grant Stone, etc.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't understand why anyone would have money in these banks of that sort period. Except for the need to store money for a purchase, you should exclusively carry your assets in investments.

Average rate of return from a market-tracking ETF is almost 10% per annum. To put that into perspective, if you invest 10 million dollars, you can stand to gain one million dollars per year doing absolutely nothing. And ETFs give you dividends from all the companies they invest in, so if you were to put 10 million into it, your dividend check would probably cover an average person's every day essential life costs. Or you know, give you a free pair of Allen Edmonds every day.

I asked my friend who is very wealthy and I was actually shocked he had his money in this silicon valley bank himself. He's very risk averse, but I am like: well then what about bonds, then? lol
I have my money in my walls and under the mattress tucked next to the 12 gauge. I find it is the safest place to keep my money.

Agree, long term savings in investments and some in bonds, short term savings is for high yield savings accounts.

OR pUt AlL yOuR MoNeY iN CrYpTo (yes I know some people do this and I know some people have made a bag of money but many of lost a lot of money or have just been defrauded despite thinking they made a bag of money)

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the Caen on the B34 last - it required thickest socks and insoles to be wearable. Would've kept them except for some horrendous quality issues (which AE graciously resolved).

As mentioned yesterday, I'll be using, not abusing, these Freeports quite a bit more in the coming months. Updates will be only occasional to prevent inundating this thread with similar content, but after several day's wear they are already beginning to form to my foot and take on a slightly lighter hue. I want them to look even lighter in the long run so they'll be seeing a bit of sun as able. The shell does seem to run tighter on foot compared to the other models.

Shade vs. direct sun
View attachment 2045879
View attachment 2045881
Yeah, that B34 last has space for days. My feet sit between 11E and 11.5D. I usually default to 11.5D because it feels better in the heel and is easier to find. But, for the Normandy, I could have probably dropped to an 11D and not missed a thing. With all that space and being unlined, I could definitely see how someone with lower-volume feet would find them completely unwearable.

FYI, your shell Freeports are amazing and it will probably haunt me the rest of my days that I don't have a shell pair in either Natural or Brown, especially with a lower-profile sole on them. Man, they look great and I can't wait to see how they age as you wear the bejesus out of them. Just a great choice for a makeup.

Chili Weatherproof™ Higgins Mill boots today. It might rain. It might not. In any case, chili is a fine color for any occasion. One of my biggest AE regrets is that I waited so long to fill my chili hole.

IMG_7211.jpg

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my RDA HM Zip Boots in burgundy, purchased for even less after $220 in AE reward’s redemptions.

These are a real winner in my mind. It’s actually my only CXL footwear (out of nearly 50 pairs). The fit is perfect, a bit bigger than my shell freeports, but smaller than my shell HM. The AE lug is somewhat cushioned, but not super squishy like XLite. The zip function is great when you have trouble getting feet in and out and don’t want to bust an aortic aneurysm when in a hurry with kids.

Also wore reverse UV shell Apple Watch band.

Also, since I got a new Iphone 15 Pro Max, the images are all too big to upload. WTF? Can SF somehow fix this without me having to change every image? I can't get the images small enough to upload here even after reducing size.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage of my RDA HM Zip Boots in burgundy, purchased for even less after $220 in AE reward’s redemptions.

These are a real winner in my mind. It’s actually my only CXL footwear (out of nearly 50 pairs). The fit is perfect, a bit bigger than my shell freeports, but smaller than my shell HM. The AE lug is somewhat cushioned, but not super squishy like XLite. The zip function is great when you have trouble getting feet in and out and don’t want to bust an aortic aneurysm when in a hurry with kids.

Also wore reverse UV shell Apple Watch band.

Also, since I got a new Iphone 15 Pro Max, the images are all too big to upload. WTF? Can SF somehow fix this without me having to change every image? I can't get the images small enough to upload here even after reducing size.
@LA Guy Do you have advice on this issue?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy Do you have advice on this issue?
I'll refer to @admin, but you may wish to decrease the default size of your pictures. The forum's picture size limit is in place so that page rendering is at a reasonable speed. I'm not sure if we have software that can autoreduce the size of the images to something workable that doesn't grind things to halt. That would obviously be the best solution, but it may or may not exist, and it would have to be in the core codebase for us to trust it. I know that the next iteration of the software will use some image types that are more memory efficient, but as with all software, the launch dates are not clear. We will be able to tell you what the maximum image sizes are right now though.

Cheers,

Fok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads