• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren_A

Reaction score
The pa boot is nice, but I think it could have been a bit taller. Proportionately, I think that would have worked more.

Still like that ae is putting out a traditional design. I like it a lot. Trying to think what colour I'd want.

Will it have leather soles?

Also: Aren't the Dalton, the Hamilton, and the 1st Ave all dress boots? Or do you mean exclusively non brogued?
Yes, leather soles. You can do an SMU and change the sole, though.

For sure they are, I just don't carry the Dalton in my store anymore, so I only really have the Hamilton to show my clients. So that's why I'm extra chipper about the arrival of the Park Boot.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pa boot is nice, but I think it could have been a bit taller. Proportionately, I think that would have worked more.

Still like that ae is putting out a traditional design. I like it a lot. Trying to think what colour I'd want.

Will it have leather soles?

Also: Aren't the Dalton, the Hamilton, and the 1st Ave all dress boots? Or do you mean exclusively non brogued?

I like the PA boot, and I think a lot of us much prefer the 65 last over the last the Landon uses. The problem for me is that I just can't really use a formal boot very easily. I have a pair of cap toe dress boots from Cheaney that basically are in the closet 264 days a year. But credit to AE for putting out something nice.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, I think you're getting a much better shoe with the v-tread. In fact, if I could only have one type of sole on all my boots and shoes, it would be the v-tread. It's one of those "good at everything, great at nothing" solutions that really works for footwear. Dainite will last longer, but the v-tread is more comfortable, lower profile (which works better on a dress shoe), and provides perfectly adequate gripping in basically all environments. Wear those in good health.

Today felt like a chili Higgins Mill boot day. Love these boots, and only wish they were on v-tread, instead of Dainite. Oh well. Maybe in another life.

View attachment 1971961
Cheers mate, no regrets in keeping the shoes

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the PA boot, and I think a lot of us much prefer the 65 last over the last the Landon uses. The problem for me is that I just can't really use a formal boot very easily. I have a pair of cap toe dress boots from Cheaney that basically are in the closet 264 days a year. But credit to AE for putting out something nice.
When I heard they were going to produce this show a few weeks ago, I commented that people will love it—and have been talking about such a shoe—but in the end won’t buy it because too formal

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I heard they were going to produce this show a few weeks ago, I commented that people will love it—and have been talking about such a shoe—but in the end won’t buy it because too formal

I think this boot would look really sharp in various shell options. But, I prefer shell on more casual-leaning shoes/boots. Feel like a Hamilton is as formal as I would want to go.

I may wait until chili/burgundy go on deep discount and replace my "nearly back" burnished brown 5th Streets. Both options fill about the same role. Unlike Mr. Profila, these stay in the closet for what seems like 364 days per year.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For sure they are, I just don't carry the Dalton in my store anymore, so I only really have the Hamilton to show my clients. So that's why I'm extra chipper about the arrival of the Park Boot.

The question is, when is the Dalton getting discontinued?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the Dalton/Hamilton. And great news on the leather soles!!!

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm, not even in the winter time or at outdoor events?

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, not even in the winter time or at outdoor events?

Well, I do wear mine 100 days per year, as @middlepP pointed out. Maybe in the coming fall and winter I may be able to use them more often, but that will depend on if my employment improves in the near future. My field used to be more formal 20-30 years ago, but it's pretty casual now.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing tan and white Nubuck Scottsdales taoday.

IMG_5185.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, once again standing next to my favorite fountain in Westwood Village.

This is across the street from the Fox Westwood Theater where many film premieres take place and a block south of UCLA.

IMG_5184.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't feel these will be that formal. Maybe in black, but in other colors like Chili, it'll be really sharp!

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this boot would look really sharp in various shell options. But, I prefer shell on more casual-leaning shoes/boots. Feel like a Hamilton is as formal as I would want to go.

I may wait until chili/burgundy go on deep discount and replace my "nearly back" burnished brown 5th Streets. Both options fill about the same role. Unlike Mr. Profila, these stay in the closet for what seems like 364 days per year.
I agree about these being a nice boot to offer in shell. Could see these being offered in this years Shell Trunk Show.

With that being said, they definitely need to offer the Hamilton in Shell! I don't wanna see the Landon or Dalton since they've offered those for years and have stock shell make-ups. The Fifth Streets were nice, but they gotta have the Hamilton with the split reverse welt option!

KarlHungus

Reaction score
I've had some heel looseness in my olive Neumok, as they are an 8 E and I'm usually a D width. Just out of curiosity, I measured how wide the heel sockliner is at the widest part. It's 2.5 inches wide. I also measured my denim suede Strandmoks and those have the exact same width. For some reason though, I do not get any heel looseness in the denim pair (8 D) but I do in the olive Neumok (8 E). I don't get why the olive pair looser in the heel.
Even though the heel measurement may be the same, the shoe being wider likely means it fits more loosely in the forefoot/ instep area, and doesn't "push" your foot back into the heel as much. Maybe try to thin tongue pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics