• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoenut

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whoo Hoo!! My wife just left for Nuevo Vallarta to take our Grandchildren to the beach for the weekend. When the cat is away Spectators come out to play.
F3848618-E9EC-40F1-9493-0655129CE030.jpeg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Negative temps this morning made me reach for the thickest, warmest socks I've got. Good thing I still have these half-size-too-big golden brown CXL Longbranch boots that were my first ever AE purchase in 2014 and done before I got sized correctly. Bright, late-morning sunlight makes them look way more golden than usual.

These boots fill me with all different kinds of regret. I wish they were the right size. I wish I'd gone with a more versatile dark brown color. I wish I'd been able to get them with the yellow Vibram sole, rather than the lame-o Gumlite. I wish I'd pulled the trigger on the Dublin MTO that was running around SF at the time. But, they're my first pair of AEs so, even with all the regrets, I still have a soft spot for them. Almost as soft as the soles. Gumlite really sucks.

IMG_6498.jpg

Last edited:

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Packing for a weekend in Bastrop Texas.

I love the Allen Edmonds snuff Freeport.

View attachment 1887857
Are you sure you know what you are walking into? Major power outages, schools and businesses closed this week (even today), trees down everywhere. Have family members that are nearing 60 hours without electricity and dealt with upper 30s/low 40s inside their homes at night. Rough work week here in Central Texas.

bluejazzmonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you know what you are walking into? Major power outages, schools and businesses closed this week (even today), trees down everywhere. Have family members that are nearing 60 hours without electricity and dealt with upper 30s/low 40s inside their homes at night. Rough work week here in Central Texas.

My brother.
I'm sorry to hear your family has been without power. I hope they are safe.

dpgaloot

Reaction score
I tell people I would not have been able to retire until 70 had I remained in California. That is 2070, not age 70.

I hear that. Retiring to a rural ski town will move my timeline up 5 years over staying in Salt Lake. Driggs is literally a one stoplight community. 45 minutes to Jackson WY and 90 minutes to Costco. I can't imagine the cost to retire in California, the cost of sushi alone would break my budget.

Black Marbled Landons today

Landon_Marbled_3_25.jpg

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I had an interesting epiphany today. For most of the last two weeks, I've been wearing two pairs of C&J boots on Dainite. Today, I switched to my Pattons on Dainite. I'm pretty convinced that the Dainite that AE orders is softer, more supple and a bit more grippy than C&J. I'd assume that AE, as one of their largest customers, would be able to special order a softer compound.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Brogue Suede Strands again today.

IMG_4360.jpeg

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, some of the Valentine decorations and me at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica CA. Some of my pictures, like this one, are still coming out the way things look through my left eye.

IMG_4348.jpeg

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a Kir Royale, Coronation Chicken sandwiches, a scone, tea, and me at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica.

Am trying to remember to keep my left eye open.

Walked there and back from the hotel. Walked west on Broadway and walked east on Arizona. It's uphill coming back.

It's thirty blocks in each direction. It took two hours in each direction. Since the eye surgery on January 4th it's much easier for me to see when I am out walking around.

Still at the hotel and still wearing the same clothes since the landlord is taking a long time to remove the tree that fell and came through my ceiling and to have the power reconnected.

Had the landlord used a professional tree service and a professional electrician the work probably would have been done in two or three days.

Instead of that, the landlord is having a friend who drives down from Oxnard whenever he has some free time doing the work.

IMG_4357.jpeg

For fans of random Santa Monica pictures in shoe threads, some Santa Monica cats have weird names.

IMG_4361.jpeg

For those who don't like A-E sneakers, the Duke Of Windsor wearing what blue Park Avenue sneakers with white eyelets and laces would look like.

eb22979d245ea81a9315f0d653783ca7-scaled.jpg

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoo Hoo!! My wife just left for Nuevo Vallarta to take our Grandchildren to the beach for the weekend. When the cat is away Spectators come out to play. View attachment 1887651

Your wife doesn't like your spectators?

I have legitimately found women go out of their way to compliment me on my spectators when I wear them.

Like I've been stopped at least 5 times by women going, "Wow, I just love your shoes!"

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing Brogue Suede Strands again today.

View attachment 1888233

For fans of "A-E In The Wild" pictures, some of the Valentine decorations and me at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica CA. Some of my pictures, like this one, are still coming out the way things look through my left eye.

View attachment 1888235

For fans of food pictures in shoe threads, a Kir Royale, Coronation Chicken sandwiches, a scone, tea, and me at Ye Olde King's Head in Santa Monica.

Am trying to remember to keep my left eye open.

Walked there and back from the hotel. Walked west on Broadway and walked east on Arizona. It's uphill coming back.

It's thirty blocks in each direction. It took two hours in each direction. Since the eye surgery on January 4th it's much easier for me to see when I am out walking around.

Still at the hotel and still wearing the same clothes since the landlord is taking a long time to remove the tree that fell and came through my ceiling and to have the power reconnected.

Had the landlord used a professional tree service and a professional electrician the work probably would have been done in two or three days.

Instead of that, the landlord is having a friend who drives down from Oxnard whenever he has some free time doing the work.

View attachment 1888237

For fans of random Santa Monica pictures in shoe threads, some Santa Monica cats have weird names.

View attachment 1888241

For those who don't like A-E sneakers, the Duke Of Windsor wearing what blue Park Avenue sneakers with white eyelets and laces would look like.

View attachment 1888243

Great pics as always.

Re: the Duke of Windsor, though. I think these are canvas sneakers. They have big plastic-y eyelets and white laces, reminding me of the old style Keds.

I'd rather wear a pair of Keds than the Park Ave sneakers and the like, because the Park Ave sneakers try to be this bizarre, Frankenshoe which is simultaneously captoe oxfords, simultaneously sneaker. Bad look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads