• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 2007 NBA Playoffs

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
I just got off the couch to post the same thing. Kobe's playing fantastic ball right now.
Wish the TNT down here was the same over there. Was Kobe's reverse dunk after stealing the ball from AI as ridiculous as it looked written out on GameTracker?
frown.gif

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Why do you have to *********** on anything I say that doesn't include CP? Dopey's answer was so much more concise and conclusive.
That's not fair. I *********** on the stuff you say about Chris Paul too.
I just got off the couch to post the same thing. Kobe's playing fantastic ball right now.
That is why I bring my laptop to the couch.
teacha.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
That's not fair. I *********** on the stuff you say about Chris Paul too.
laugh.gif

Fair enough.

When the Lakers win tonight, when would be the earliest game they play next?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Kobe is in full-on "we're closing this series right now" mode. This going to be good.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Originally Posted by whodini
When the Lakers win tonight, when would be the earliest game they play next?

a27.gif

Saltwater Wrangler

Reaction score
Kobe is the deserving MVP. He is just a winner at heart. For those watching the game, he just made a great defensive deflection and steal that won the game for them. Try getting some of the other all-stars to play with that passion and desire. I'm officially on the Lakers bandwagon...

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank God the Lakers finally closed it out. They played really sloppily tonight, but it's the W that counts....

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landho
Thank God the Lakers finally closed it out. They played really sloppily tonight, but it's the W that counts....

Until Kobe decided to take over then game at the 6-minute mark, that second half was horrible. But oh, once he did....
inlove.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Josh Smith is making himself a TON of money this 1st round.

Didn't work for Bonzi Wells (after a montrous 05-06 playoff performance).

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Josh is also really young, and has improved on an already great 06-07 season. He's starting to peak. I think some people will be really interested in him this off season. He's the best shot blocker in the league! I think the hawks are going to hold onto him and let childress go unless he wants to sacrifice some money.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some people think that Josh Smith will never get it--that he's a dumb player that too often relies on talent and athleticism to bail himself out of bad decisions (much like J. R. Smith). I'm not sure I agree with this assessment; I think he's young and foolhardy, but those tendencies can be reined in. Kobe tossed up four airballs in the playoff series against the Jazz so many years ago, after all. Josh Smith is an excellent shot blocker but he's not a very good man defender; he's similar to Kirilenko but without the ball skills. That said, he's probably the most athletic player in the league. He's probably due a pretty large contract, but Josh Childress is also a restricted free agent, and he's arguably just as good as Josh Smith (less athletic [but still very athletic] with a better skill set and a higher basketball IQ--also has a wingspan greater than 7 feet!). I hope the Hawks re-sign both of them; it'd be a shame to break up this young nucleus just as they're starting to mature together. I imagine that Josh Smith will get offered somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 million and Josh Childress a little less than that. (Childress is actually a more desired commodity around the league.) P.S. Josh Smith is not close to peaking--he's 22. The question is whether he'll tap into that near-bottomless reservoir of talent and ability.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I think josh is better than just an athletic monster. He has gotten better at spacing, passing and shooting a lot this season. Now that he is a competent (not great but still) 3 point shooter, you can't just leave him out there making it tough to play the hawks. He's a great rebounder and getting smarter with each season. I think childress is a good shooter, a smart defender and player, but i just don't think he has much upside. I really don't see him becoming that much better than he is now, which is why he's not going to get a josh smith like contract. If marvin williams can evolve some and give them something/anything, the hawks can be a pretty scary team to play next year.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landho
I imagine that Josh Smith will get offered somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 million a year and Josh Childress a little less than that. (Childress is actually a more desired commodity around the league.)

uhoh.gif

lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads