• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The 2007 NBA Playoffs

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Lakers. They are the better team. I thought next year would be their year, when they got Bynum back and fully integrated Gasol, but they made the jump this year. The window is closing for the Spurs, but I think they have one championship left if they get a younger supporting cast for the Big Three.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
You speak as if soccer referees all had 20/20 vision, 100% of the time...
eh.gif

they are almost as bad as the basketball refs.
tounge.gif

i've discussed this here before, but there is no excuse for calling a foul that did not occur. if a foul occurs, and the ref misses it, it can be attributed to simple human error. you are not going to catch everything. but calling something that you did not see is inexcusable.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
lowly in terms of playoff series/championships won. i loved them too: sedale was one of my favorite guys along with anthony peeler and elden

just imagine when we get bynum back at full force.
can you believe a "BIG 4"?

kobe, odom, gasol, bynum. all under 30 years old. oh man, we will definitely be the powerhouse for several years.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by countdemoney
But Artest, he's still my favorite. Royally screwed by the NBA. One of the best players of his generation.
Really? He's a very good two-way player, but I don't think he's close to the best of his generation (which I define roughly as players who entered the NBA in the 1990s). My top-five list of this generation, in order:

1. Duncan
2. Shaq
3. Kobe
4. KG
5. Kidd

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Really? He's a very good two-way player, but I don't think he's close to the best of his generation (which I define roughly as players who entered the NBA in the 1990s). My top-five list of this generation, in order:

1. Duncan
2. Shaq
3. Kobe
4. KG
5. Kidd

You really like ol' Pouty McGee that much, huh?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
If kobe wins this year, you have to put kobe ahead of shaq and consider him ahead of duncan. People are way too hard on kobe because of everyone desperately wanted a new MJ, and then the bad media rap, but he's incredible. Kobe's finesse, basketball skill, and variety of shots, has really been unmatched by ALL of his peers. He has a chance to do something really special this year with a group of guys everybody wrote off the year before (including Pau who was too soft, choke artist, and forever a loser as dubbed by the media). People pretend like this supporting cast is so amazing now, but weren't singing that tune in the preseason.

I think the celtics are going to close it out tonight regardless of rip/chauncey. I think the celtics are the better team this year, and having banged up players never helps. In the end, i generally believe that 9 times out of 10, the best team wins the series in the NBA. I wonder how the NBA will advertise the vintage lakers-celtics matchup if it happens.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score

1. Duncan
2. Shaq
3. Kobe
4. KG
5. Kidd

Kidd? you got to be kidding me

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
You really like ol' Pouty McGee that much, huh?
Tim Duncan has never committed a foul in his career. The referees simply are unable to process his greatness.
Originally Posted by chronoaug
If kobe wins this year, you have to put kobe ahead of shaq and consider him ahead of duncan.
Number of championships Duncan has won as the best player on his team = 4
Number of championships Shaq has won as the best player on his team = 3
Number of championships Kobe has won as the best player on his team = 0

The rankings may change depending on what the Lakers do over the next several seasons.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I still hate on Kobe, and I'm waiting for him to pitch a fit in the future when things don't go his way.

But for now- congratulations to the Lakers, and here's hoping they win it all...

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the NBA will advertise the vintage lakers-celtics matchup if it happens.

Get ready to see the Bird/Magic highlight reel spliced with KG/Kobe footage ad nauseum.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Did you know Kareem is a big Obama fan???

Great player that Kareem...
cheers.gif

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
Kidd? you got to be kidding me

I am not particularly a great fan of either, but I think that spot comes down to Kidd or AI (anyone got another suggestion?). I think AI was the better overall player but Kidd was mostly on better teams.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Some of us here actually liked the Lakers then. Scott, Jones, Miller, VAN EXEL, Campbell?
To me, that was the second coming, kind of. After Magic retired, the Lakers teased us by going up 2-0 against the Suns in the 1993 playoffs. only to lose three straight. Nick at Nite, Eddie Jones, Cedric Ceballos, Elden Campbell, Vlade Divac with support from Sedale Threatt, Sam Bowie, Anthony Peeler, and George Lynch....Del Harris getting that stupid basketball tattoo in his arm because the Lakers made the playoffs....Those were the days. I remember them owning the Rockets for some reason, even though that Rockets team ended up winning it all. Van Exel may be my favorite player of all time. I mean, I always loved Magic, Kobe, et al., but sometimes those players are too godlike to really feel genuine affection for.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Tim Duncan has never committed a foul in his career. The referees simply are unable to process his greatness. Number of championships Duncan has won as the best player on his team = 4 Number of championships Shaq has won as the best player on his team = 3 Number of championships Kobe has won as the best player on his team = 0 The rankings may change depending on what the Lakers do over the next several seasons.
This is the stupidest thing in the world. Duncan is great and the face of the franchise, but pretending like it's not a 3 headed monster (2headed with him and the admiral) is just ignorant. You really think kobe and shaq weren't 50/50 too? Yea, kobe didn't close out games for shaq or anything like wade had to do at all. Get out of here with your espn watching non-basketball playing/understanding ass. This is Steve- When/where did kareem start talking about politics? I don't know why i find it kinda funny. Maybe because he's so tall.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
Did you know Kareem is a big Obama fan???

Great player that Kareem...
cheers.gif

And apparently Obama ain't half bad on the court, either.

Obama/Kareem '08!

If kobe wins this year, you have to put kobe ahead of shaq and consider him ahead of duncan. People are way too hard on kobe because of everyone desperately wanted a new MJ, and then the bad media rap, but he's incredible. Kobe's finesse, basketball skill, and variety of shots, has really been unmatched by ALL of his peers. He has a chance to do something really special this year with a group of guys everybody wrote off the year before (including Pau who was too soft, choke artist, and forever a loser as dubbed by the media). People pretend like this supporting cast is so amazing now, but weren't singing that tune in the preseason.

I think the celtics are going to close it out tonight regardless of rip/chauncey. I think the celtics are the better team this year, and having banged up players never helps. In the end, i generally believe that 9 times out of 10, the best team wins the series in the NBA. I wonder how the NBA will advertise the vintage lakers-celtics matchup if it happens.

Hell yeah, Kobe was unbelievable last night. This year, even before the Gasol trade, has been amazing--he's grown into the player everyone's always wanted him to be. I'm just happy to be around to watch it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads