• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tag Heuer watch on sale, is this possible!?

Harryd14

Reaction score
I dropped my Tag watch off at the jewelry store that my dad has always gone to when its time to get his watches fixed or just routine maintenance. I was walking around looking at the other watches they had as I have just started getting interested in 'luxury' watches. I started chatting with the gentleman behind the counter about various watches and brands to see what his opinions were and to broaden my horizons.

Long story short, he showed me a couple of Tag watches that we're off to the side that were 30% off and said that Tag Heuer watches NEVER go on sale. I feel like I have heard this once before but never had any validation to support it. Can anybody give me some validation to what he said, or was he just yanking my chain.

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
That's an odd thing to say about them never going on sale. I've seen them at outlet stores and online discounters often, and it seems easy to get them for well below the retail price. Be warned, though, that the prevailing opinion of Tag Heuer watches among watch collectors is that they are overpriced even at discount.

hammerhead

Reaction score
A Tag Heuer probably depreciates 75% used vs Rolex maybe 25%. The Rolex will stay at that value +-10%. A few of the Tags will maintain that value, but probably only a few models. Try to pick up a used one with a good battery.

Harryd14

Reaction score
The watch I was looking at was the carrera calibre 5 ... Either with the black or white face. They have it at $2800 less 30%. I wouldn't have to worry about battery with this one as it is automatic.

I always thought Tags were seen as good watches. I know Rolex are good but they are too main stream if you get what I'm saying. They are not bad time pieces, but it's the stereotype when it comes to nice watches. I know Tag are almost as common as Rolex but it's a few steps removed from Rolex. I really like some of the watches Bell and Ross make, but I cannot afford them at the moment.

papa kot

Reaction score
You can negotiate a deal on most of the watches and if a sales person hints a sale, something is up. Also, 30% on a Tag is not that awesome given the fact that the watch will lose a lot of value once it leaves the store. You'll be much better off by seeking a private deal on a watch-related forum (e.g., Timezone) or by looking at www.chrono24.com.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics