• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SW&D CHALLENGE - TEXTURES - 9/9/14 - 9/30/14

agvs

Reaction score
Alright, time for the next challenge.

TEXTURES
Let's see some interesting textures. That's open to your interpretation. Jacquard, herringbone, corduroy, donegal, loose woven linen, suede, hairy flannel, nepped denim, etc. Hopefully it cools down enough to see some knits although not being weather appropriate has never stopped anyone from posting pictures of themselves on the internet.

The challenge will be open for 2 weeks the rest of the month and then there will be a culling vote. I guess these used to be sponsored before my time? Sorry, but no sponsors so the winner will just get undying honor and accolades.

Have at it. Post your entries!

EDIT: I extended it for the rest of Sept. due to low participation. Now I feel like a parent telling his kids that's he's not angry just disappointed.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I <3 textures!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice idea for a challenge.

jwalterweather

Reaction score
Here is a xpost from waywt to hopefully get things going. I didn't have the challenge in mind when I put the fit together but I still think it has some nice textures (minus the jeans): bomber is a nice woven cotton/linen, the flannel is an almost crinkly wool/cotton, and the boots dat guidi horse.
I might really put a fit together for the challenge later in the week, in which case leave this one out of the voting.

verpoeris

Reaction score
Right,there's this piece I've been considering and this might just tip me over the edge ,thanks
32.gif

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt Ill have anything better before this closes, so I shall submit my fit from last week.

Great challenge idea, really looking forward to some deliciously textural fits here.

f083181ac5881d795c36f4f828d74d0e.jpg

755edc379d0a812d83773a6035d7b51b.jpg

3efb670525c59cd7af48f7a6de45f631.jpg

SS // OL // RL // MA+

Last edited:

agvs

Reaction score
Nice! Love the pants. I'm considering extending this another week if it will get more fits in here

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! Love the pants. I'm considering extending this another week if it will get more fits in here

Please do - there's a chance the temperatures might drop...

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks, man. All the items (besides the shoes) are cotton or cotton blend. Its pretty cool how many textures you can get out of one fabric. I always enjoy that.

/narcissist.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a jacket and a jumper that's perfect for this. I just hope the weather permits me to wear it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads