• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sutor shoes

DunninLA

Reaction score
Sure, they don't have a pronounced toe seam, and they're dark.

BTW, how did you get the price from $549 to $350?

DunninLA

Reaction score
Oops, never mind. I just noticed the white stitching. I don't think contrasting stitching is good when wearing a suit.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they were on sale last week. Haven't received them yet, but I'm not sure if there's any white stitching on the dark brown model.

DunninLA

Reaction score
Sator,

Where are you located? In the U.S., derbies, which most here call bluchers, are worn with suits (as are black loafers) so long as they are --

Black or Dark brown, and without any overt ornamentation

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DunninLA
Sator,

Where are you located? In the U.S., derbies, which most here call bluchers, are worn with suits (as are black loafers) so long as they are --

Black or Dark brown, and without any overt ornamentation

Not all of us wear bluchers with suits.
lookaround.gif
And I've never worn black loafers in my life.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have those same shoes, and the stitching is dark brown, not white

the shoes will arrive in box almost looking black in color - so much so that I almost wanted to return them when I opened the box, because I didn't think I was buying an essentially black color shoe

I would suggest applying Lexol or similar leather conditioner and rubbing it on with a paper towel to take off the surface polish to reveal the brown underneath

I did this, and they look great now - still a dark brown - but a much nicer patina

hope you enjoy them

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a better picture of those shoes. Credit goes to either Lance or Brian (shoe) - I can't recall which. I wear them as casual shoes, but if you search the waywn thread, you'll find LSeca's pics with a suit and they look fine. I guess it depends on your line of work.
Sutor_Split_Toe_2.jpg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
Here's a better picture of those shoes. Credit goes to either Lance or Brian (shoe) - I can't recall which. I wear them as casual shoes, but if you search the waywn thread, you'll find LSeca's pics with a suit and they look fine. I guess it depends on your line of work.
Sutor_Split_Toe_2.jpg

these would be beautiful with cords or jeans wouldn't they? They have a "heft" to them that looks right with more rugged casual attire. I think they would also look great with grey flannels and a nice tweed jacket.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can you beat the price of S Mantelassi on STP with a coupon?

pejsek

Reaction score
I have this same shoe in a cordovan color. It's a beautiful and versatile shoe in a very classic Italian style. Yes, it looks great with jeans or more casual pants but I certainly see no reason to wear it with a suit as well. In fact, I think the last time I wore mine was with a dark blue flannel chalk stripe suit. And I didn't feel even slightly self conscious!
fwiw, the contrast on the braided stitching is not as great as it may seem from the pictures. But if it bothers you then you could certainly apply a bit of polish to the stitching as well.
I'm also not sure if these are, strictly speaking, of norvegese construction. I have a number of pairs of shoes like this where the braided stitching extends only as far as the heel. I wouldn't mind attaching a name to this--if any of the experts are listening.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carwyn