• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglassesavenue.com legit?

WesAnderson

Reaction score
Has anybody ever purchased from sunglassesavenue.com?: http://www.sunglassesavenue.com/
If so, how was the service and the product?

It seems to have a wide selection and is priced much lower than other sites.......but the site look and feel seems a little too basic, and it makes me wonder if it's too good to be true. I don't want to think I'm getting a great deal and find that I've actually got a great replica!

Thanks in advance from a first time poster!

P.S. Love the Paul Smith Sunglasses PS-509 (Men's Show) -- if you know where else to get them at a good price, let me know!

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i posted this exact question last night....i'd love to know the answer, too

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
spam[1].gif

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, i'm not sure whether the original poster was spamming the group or not, but I wasn't. I found a pair of sunglasses at a local retailer that I really want, and I found them on sunglasses avenue for 75 bucks cheaper. so I'm wondering if anyone has any experiences dealing with them or if I should avoid them and just stick with the local retailer...

WesAnderson

Reaction score
Bhowie, did you even read my post? I'm not sure that questioning a site's authenticity and worrying about paying for replicas would be good for business.

I assure you the question is real -- their prices are the lowest I found online BUT the site looks shoddy, and that throws up big red flags, especially with an item like sunglasses (which is so easy to knock-off).

So again, scb and I want to know -- is sunglassesavenue a legit site with legit merch???

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WesAnderson
Bhowie, did you even read my post? I'm not sure that questioning a site's authenticity and worrying about paying for replicas would be good for business.

laugh.gif

I've got to say that was my first thought too...that this had spam potential since anything with a link from new posters tends to be. Upon closer look, it does seem a little ridiculous that a spammer would say potentially bad things about a company (unless they assumed people would rush to defend the store...in that case it would be really good spam)

Mike89LX

Reaction score
Unless you have a few hundred dollars to burn I'd say pass on this one, it wouldn't be worth the loss for me personally

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WesAnderson

I assure you the question is real -- their prices are the lowest I found online BUT the site looks shoddy, and that throws up big red flags, especially with an item like sunglasses (which is so easy to knock-off).

So again, scb and I want to know -- is sunglassesavenue a legit site with legit merch???

spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

Pantalones

Reaction score
I heard back from Mykita:

While we do not endorse their website, they are operating in association with one of our dealers.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
also heard back from DITA corporate/customer service as I also wondered about their site. They offer DITA eyewear at too good to be true prices. :

That website like others are not authorized dealers. We have had several complaints of such sites selling used or counterfeit goods. The only authorized online dealers are Barneys, Shopbob, and Probusnyc. We would recommend you check the BBB listing as you will find that these sites have several complaints.
I also called sunglassesavenue on their cust service phone line and all I got was a what seemed to be a home phone voicemail recording of a vietnamese accented voice asking me to leave a msg.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads