• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Siobhan Olson

Reaction score

Aloha!

You'll be glad to hear that Maui Jim remains one of the few independent eyewear companies in the world. We are known for mastering color and clarity like no other sunglasses company in the world.

It sounds like you need some durable lenses. We make more than 112 different styles of sunglasses for fashion and sports and offer different lenses for different outdoor activities.

All of our sunglasses use PolarizedPlus2 lens technology that blocks 100 percent of UV rays and 99.9 percent of glare from above, below and behind each lens. You will see stunning colors because we use three rare earth elements to white-balance our lenses, so colors are never dingy. This also enhances definition and depth perception, so everything you see will be more brilliant.

If you're using your sunglasses for sports and lots of activity outside, you should visit our redesigned website (MauiJim.com) to see styles that have the following lenses:

- Our MauiPure lens is the world's clearest non-glass lens that is also scratch- and impact-resistant. It is the lightest lens in our portfolio; and now comes in a range of styles for fashion or sports. Here's a link to all the styles with the MauiPure lens: http://bit.ly/1n2RrlS

- Our Maui Evolution lenses offer clear, edge-to-edge optics in a lightweight lens that's great for active sports that need clear vision. Here's a link to all the styles with this lens: http://bit.ly/1ihuk0u

- Our polycarbonate lenses are some of the clearest in the business. They are highly durable for the most aggressive sports. Here's a link to some of our best-selling styles: http://bit.ly/1ijGx9r

Our lenses come in four colors for different light conditions: Neutral Grey for bright sunny days; HCL Bronze for variable light conditions; Maui HT allows for the highest usable light transmission for darker days; and Maui Rose offers the highest contrast for fast moving sports.

I hope this helps and that you find your perfect sunglasses at MauiJim.com or a retailer near you.

Mahalo,

Siobhan
PR for Maui Jim

glassesseeker

Reaction score
Hi, this is a good thread, and I created an account just to reply. I agree with the first poster, I don't want anything by luxottica. The reason for this is that I used to have an excellent pair of Lafont glasses that lasted me about 7 years. I thought I was getting something better by moving up to Prada glasses with the name branding and all. Instead, the frame completely changed shape to the point they would not stay up, and cracked within 3 years. I then found about Luxottica owning all the so called luxury brands. Sure enough, Lafont is not, and now that is the only brand I'm looking at for glasses. It's sad that they can slap the name Prada on something and people like me will be fooled into thinking they're getting quality that's worth spending over $300 for the frame alone.

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
Quote:
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure they're owned by Bushnell. When I needed a replacement screw from them I dealt with Bushnell (sent free of charge btw). I've switched to mostly non-Luxottica owned brands and had good experiences with a lot of them. The ones I own or have owned are Cuter and Gross, Oliver Goldsmith, Mykita, IC! Berlin, Loree Rodkin by Sama, Serengeti, Maui Jim, L.G.R., Rudy Project, Revision, Barton Perreira, Randolph Engineering, Salt Optics, Morgenthal Frederics, Gold and Wood, and Silhouette. I can post more detailed info if anyone has any questions.

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
Quote:
Good to see you guys here. Hopefully MJ is able to keep the leverage it has with Luxottica. As far as I know, they're the only brand that the Luxottica-owned Sunglass Hut chain still stocks. Oakley used to be independent, but Lux dropped them from their stores and their stock price plummeted. They then used the opportunity to buy majority share in Oakley, after which they cheapened the brand's quality. Knock on wood that the same doesn't happen to MJ; they're probably the best "mainstream" brand out there now.

Siobhan Olson

Reaction score

Aloha:

Maui Jim is going strong with a sunny future. We're debuting so many new sunglasses styles this spring. We also continue to increase the technology in our lenses. With us, you'll see color and clarity like you've never seen.

Definitely check out all the new styles at http://www.mauijim.com/

Mahalo!

Siobhan
PR for Maui Jim

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure they're owned by Bushnell. When I needed a replacement screw from them I dealt with Bushnell (sent free of charge btw). I've switched to mostly non-Luxottica owned brands and had good experiences with a lot of them. The ones I own or have owned are Cuter and Gross, Oliver Goldsmith, Mykita, IC! Berlin, Loree Rodkin by Sama, Serengeti, Maui Jim, L.G.R., Rudy Project, Revision, Barton Perreira, Randolph Engineering, Salt Optics, Morgenthal Frederics, Gold and Wood, and Silhouette. I can post more detailed info if anyone has any questions.
Yes - You are correct. They are owned by Bushnell. Not sure why I thought Lux. Anyway - they are great glasses. Maui Jim is great too, but I prefer the Serengetis for driving.

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Maui Jim have any stores in NYC, or do you have to go to Sunglass Hut or some other distributor (with generally small selections of Maui Jims)?

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up some Barton Perreiras. Not Luxxotica owned (yay), but more expensive therefore defeating the prupose of the monopoly hatred (boo). Several nice styles though.

BrightFuturesSG

Reaction score
Thank you for your input, individuality and style is personal preference, we just thought we'd chime in with some options.

Good luck on your search...

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
I was going to say that those look really cheap in materials, appearance, and construction, but then I went to the site and saw that they really are cheap. They probably fill a niche for some buyers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads