• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please

mildundklar

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First post here, so don't be gentle.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I just bought the Persol 9649-s in size 52 and I love them, except for one thing that keeps bugging me. My girlfriend told me they looked a bit small at first glance in the store - but not anymore, she took it back. Now they're perfect she says.

I hope you'll agree, or tell me to **** off and buy another pair instead. You know why? Because I can! The frame was broken (have to return) when i purchased them, so I can go for a new pair of 52 or change my mind and go in another direction. But to be honest, I love the frame, the colour changes from grey, brown and black. A workhorse, goes with almost everything in my closet. Awesome!

So, what do you think about the size? They're avaliable in 55 as well. I have tried them, to big in my opinion (my girlfriends to).

Here's some cute pictures friends and thank you for your time.

Enjoy (and sorry for bad english)!

xoxo

Best wishes
C

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ @mildundklar Looks good man… definitely keep the 52, do not go larger. If you end up expanding your collection with another pair you could even benefit from something a bit more angular as your face shape is pretty versatile. btw… your English is better than my what? German from your screen name? Wherever you are looks nice! :D

mildundklar

Reaction score
^ @mildundklar Looks good man… definitely keep the 52, do not go larger. If you end up expanding your collection with another pair you could even benefit from something a bit more angular as your face shape is pretty versatile. btw… your English is better than my what? German from your screen name? Wherever you are looks nice!
biggrin.gif

Thank you for those kind words @kind nickels.
biggrin.gif

Among my collection of sunglasses I also own two pair of Ray-Ban. Clubmaster and Wayfarer, a bit booring but always a safe card if you ask me. The time is here to expand in a crazy way from now on with a solid ground.

I'm actually from Sweden and you're correct with the German screen name.

Pictures taken in Grebbestad, Swedish west coast. It's amazing!

Damn, I already feel that this forum is perfect for me - in a bad way for my wallet. Haha. I'm also a guitar and watch entusiast with alot of ours spend on forums. This is only going to end in one way.

Soon to be ex-girlfriend.
bounce2.gif

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, First post here, so don't be gentle.
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
I just bought the Persol 9649-s in size 52 and I love them, except for one thing that keeps bugging me. My girlfriend told me they looked a bit small at first glance in the store - but not anymore, she took it back. Now they're perfect she says. I hope you'll agree, or tell me to **** off and buy another pair instead. You know why? Because I can! The frame was broken (have to return) when i purchased them, so I can go for a new pair of 52 or change my mind and go in another direction. But to be honest, I love the frame, the colour changes from grey, brown and black. A workhorse, goes with almost everything in my closet. Awesome! So, what do you think about the size? They're avaliable in 55 as well. I have tried them, to big in my opinion (my girlfriends to). Here's some cute pictures friends and thank you for your time. Enjoy (and sorry for bad english)! xoxo
LL
LL
Best wishes C
I think the size looks fine.

Tsujigiri

Reaction score
The time is here to expand in a crazy way from now on with a solid ground.

If you're looking for something really different, check out my sunglass thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/384084/a-thread-for-sunglasses-high-end-and-rarities-welcome

It's dedicated more towards high end and unusual brands. Persol is one of the better Luxxotica companies, but it still is under the same corporate umbrella as Ray-Ban, Oakley, etc. Lux likes to recycle designs across their various brands when one proves successful, so you can get more variety and better quality with the independent brands. That being said, Persol certainly isn't a bad brand, and I think the pair you posted fits you well.

mildundklar

Reaction score
If you're looking for something really different, check out my sunglass thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/384084/a-thread-for-sunglasses-high-end-and-rarities-welcome

It's dedicated more towards high end and unusual brands. Persol is one of the better Luxxotica companies, but it still is under the same corporate umbrella as Ray-Ban, Oakley, etc. Lux likes to recycle designs across their various brands when one proves successful, so you can get more variety and better quality with the independent brands. That being said, Persol certainly isn't a bad brand, and I think the pair you posted fits you well.
Thank you @Tsujigiri - very much.

I scrolled through the thread pretty fast (working...) and I was just about to ask you about the brand Super, but you covered that part in your thread. Unfortunately I missed the opportunity to get a pair of Super (two pairs actually) this spring, with a 50% deal off to. To bad, especially since they flew under my radar at ordinary price to.

Best wishes
C

dannyh3216

Reaction score
I have a pair of Ray Ban 1952 white gold limited edition sunglasses. Unfortunately I don't have the box but have the original case.
These were bought 4 years ago from a sunglasses shop in the UK. Can anyone advise on value?

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a pair of Ray Ban 1952 white gold limited edition sunglasses. Unfortunately I don't have the box but have the original case.
These were bought 4 years ago from a sunglasses shop in the UK. Can anyone advise on value?

As much as someone is willing to pay

artic emperor

Reaction score
Could anyone tell m e anything about these CARAVAN BEIGE LENSES sunglasses are they real vintage or fake?They have RAY BAN USA IN WHITE on lens and B&L RAY BAN USA ON TEMPLES BAR .B L USA IS ALSO ETCHED on both lenses.

Last edited:

Elliotussery

Reaction score
My grandfather gave me a pair of his old ray ban glasses.
I have been trying to find them on the internet for hours and I cant, they are a very strange shape and cant find any thing like them anywhere.

This is a photo of them. please help if you know anything please tell me. thanks

Leonardo Da Vinci

Reaction score

My grandfather gave me a pair of his old ray ban glasses. I have been trying to find them on the internet for hours and I cant, they are a very strange shape and cant find any thing like them anywhere. This is a photo of them. please help if you know anything please tell me. thanks
Do you wanna find another pair of this model or you wanna know the name? Someone call this model: W1083 but if you google it, you'll firstly find some more squared models. Try asking to some sellers on Etsy.com which have many vintage sunglasses ( baush & lomb ray ban in this case I think are yours )they will know for sure the exact name.

Leonardo Da Vinci

Reaction score

Do you wanna find another pair of this model or you wanna know the name?

Someone call this model: W1083 but if you google it, you'll firstly find some more squared models.
Try asking to some sellers on Etsy.com which have many vintage sunglasses ( baush & lomb ray ban in this case I think are yours )they will know for sure the exact name.

Or also, try writing this: Baush &Lomb RAY BAN G15 TEA CUP w1081 aviator

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads