• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit hangers

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of some suit hangers and i can't find the ones that i want (at least i think they are the best from what i understand so correct me if i'm wrong). I'm looking for the plastic suit hangers that are pretty fat. Like the ones on BB and canali RTW suits. From what i understand the help keep the shape of the shoulders better? I did a google search and i couldn't find any with larger "shoulders" like the ones i want just wondering if anyone knows where i can find them online, or any stores that would carry them.

Fashionslave

Reaction score
Walgreens caries a beautiful wood suit hanger with the wider shoulder supports and a trouser bar that is texturized to prevent slippage.They are 3 for 10.00 I recall;in dark or light wood.

Duveen

Reaction score
Can I add a question? I like the 'hybrid' hangars that have a trouser clamp and wide shoulders. I have a few vintage hangars that are built like this, and I know that Cable Car clothiers makes a very expensive version of this (see this link and scroll to the bottom to see what I mean. Does any one know of a cheaper alternative for this style of hangar? I really prefer it to a 'bar clamp' hangar, as hanging pants by the cuffs really helps keep wrinkles at bay.

Duveen

Reaction score
I apologize - I just realized that the Cable Car Clothiers link might NOT be a merged hangar.

Just to be clear, what I am discussing is a hangar with broad shoulders and trouser clamp that is attached. So you have a single unit that hangs the jacket and clamps the cuffs of the pants. I may photograph an example of this is and post it as an FYI if this is unclear.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trust me on this one-- check out the hangers available at crate and barrel or holdeverything, they have extra thick shoulders and are perfect for your fine suits/ sporcoats. Myself, I like the dark cherry wood for my suits, lighter (and slightly less expensive) wood for sportcoats.

stache

Reaction score
Duveen, it looks like a combo hanger to me and it is terrific. I have worked in wardrobe for over twenty years and have never seen a hanger like that. That being said it looks to me like it's worth about $16.00.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
As I said on another thread where those CCC hangers were posted, I have a bunch that look exactly like that. I got them at Ross or Marshalls for about $3-4 each, but they were probably originally from Linens n Things, Hold Everything, Crate & Barrel, or somewhere like that. They are okay, but the "seam relief" in the middle of the trouser clamp is not deep enough, resulting in stress to the cuff (they clamp down hard on the seam and not enough on the rest of the cuff). Just be sure to check, if you get hangers with the clamps, whether the seam relief in the middle of the clamp is deep enough. 1/2" total should be fine, I think.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would add the Bed, Bath & Beyond chain as a good source for hangers and related wardrobe items (e.g., shoe racks). I recently picked up a "Richards Euro Deluxe Hanger with Trouser Clamp" in anticipation of the arrival of my new suit from W.W. Chan. The price, as I remember, was $13. Right now the trousers for all my suits are hanging on separate clamps. I will probably convert over to the Euro Deluxe as a space saver (increasingly needed thanks to addiction to fora like theses.)

Zubberah

Reaction score
Can't buy them but the Gianni Versace Couture ones are the best I have ever seen. They are extremely wide at the ends (4-5 inches) and velvet lined so clothes don't slide off.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I picked up one of the Walgreens wooden suit hangers today (link above) to give it a try. It was $4 and for the price I'm very pleased with it. The shape seems right along with the fat ends. On the low end, I think it's a great option and better than anything I've seen at either Walmart or Target. I'll likely pick up another one sometime.

aybojs

Reaction score
While we're on the topic of hangers, can someone explain this eBay auction to me? $200 for five hangers, which don't seem to be of any super-lux material, and someone's actually bidding on them. Even if they are from five of the arguably most exclusive/high-end labels, is there any non ostentatious reason why someone would pay 5-10x the price of a normal hanger for these?

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous auction. I'm thinking about putting up my five spare Oxxford hangers if I can get $200 + for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads