• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Suit Cloth companies

arduous1

Reaction score
I am commisioning a suit from a relatively known tailor in my area. Price in the $2k and change area. I was recommended a fabric from GRM fabrics. a solid navy cashmere in fact. i am new to the scene, but was just curious, is this a reputable house? i'm trying to get the exact model/fabric # for reference.

thanks in advance,

ard1

Last edited:

arduous1

Reaction score
well i believe its a wool/cashmere blend if there is such a thing.

thanks for the quick reply,

ard1

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

well i believe its a wool/cashmere blend if there is such a thing.
thanks for the quick reply,
ard1

Ah ok. It's a solid navy, not solid cashmere. I know the fabric you are looking at if I am not mistaken. It's very nice, should be fine.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Big part of their suiting line is a 120's wool & cashmere about 10 ounces. I frequently use this cloth with very good results. Much of the GRM line was woven by Woodhouse at one time, not sure what mills they use at present. They have a very good hopsack/basket weave at 10.5 ounces in about 10 colors for odd jackets.

arduous1

Reaction score
as far as i know you are correct, it is a 10 oz. and i was told that while i could spend more money, i would be hard pressed to find a nicer fabric. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't being taken for a fool and being sold something that they were just looking to move or whatever.

thanks for your replies. i feel much better about it.

ard1

Last edited:

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Very good cloth from a lesser known cloth house that is not as widely distributed.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The owner of GRM is an old friend of mine.
Trustworthy with many years in the industry. stands behind his product.

great quality , and excellent value.
not overpriced like some of the better know mills/distributors.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics