• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StyleForum Visits Capsule New York

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I'm going to be ordering some shirts soon. They fit slimmer than the measurements suggest, and the quality is really great for the price. They also gave us these really cute printed hand towels as a gift :slayer:

shoreman: Did you try the pique shirt?

The new Atelier space is really small. It's a room in an office building that houses a lot of designers (Thom Browne, Thomas Mellilo, etc) and is very understated. Pretty interesting.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm going to be ordering some shirts soon. They fit slimmer than the measurements suggest, and the quality is really great for the price. They also gave us these really cute printed hand towels as a gift :slayer:

shoreman: Did you try the pique shirt?

Yep--bought one. Needed an LL (so, XL). The L made me a little too Phil Mickelson-y in the chestal area.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Teger/Shoreman, what cut did you buy? I've been considering phoning an order of both the Tokyo Slim and the NY Slim to test out.

Todd Spengo

Reaction score
Also just left Kamakura Shirts - really, really impressive. Amazing quality and construction for the price, and the fits are slim in all the right ways. Awesome.

Hadn't heard of them until this. I checked out the website and found that their NY location is just a few blocks from my office so I went in and walked out with two shirts. Thanks for the heads up.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I tried on the Tokyo Slim Fit, and it's a legitimate slim fitting shirt. The measurements on the site are deceiving.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
As a testament to how nice the staff are, they gave my girlfriend and I really nice hand towels as a thank you gift for stopping by.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score

Yep--bought one. Needed an LL (so, XL). The L made me a little too Phil Mickelson-y in the chestal area.

Same. I assume you're an L in the linen? I'm probably going to order an oxford and a linen shirt in a few weeks.

longwalker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a testament to how nice the staff are, they gave my girlfriend and I really nice hand towels as a thank you gift for stopping by.

i want it!!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
seriously, for sale? since you two each have one, why not be generous! haha

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Teger and cyc wid it, I bought a Tokyo Slim fit oxford in 16/35 (labeled 41/89) and the Tokyo cut knit shirt in LL. I don't know if I'd be a L in the linen, the sales associate seemed to think I might be better in a M. I think they have some work to do in getting their cuts and sizes straight, esp on the eshop.

Teger, anything particularly awesome at the News? That's prob my favorite stop on the market week tour--just a nice space, and the first place I got a good look at White Mountaineering and Tim Coppens stuff.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Did you guys try the New York cut BD knit shirts?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads