• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 ***

senseigmg

Reaction score
I work around the corner. I'll probably come either at lunch or after work on Friday.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be there. Probably show up, ogle some JP Marcellino bags I can't afford, pick up a lapel flower or two from Kent Wang if he has some because I keep losing them, awkwardly not talk to anyone, smoke a cigarette, then quietly leave.
That will be similar to my experience, except that I will be there all day.

Noah In NYC

Reaction score
I RSVPed earlier, and mentioned that I'm bringing a friend. I mentioned the event to my local community of magicians, and it's looking like I'll bring 3 or 4 more friends Friday afternoon. These guys mostly aren't very expert in terms of style, but they're interested and they care.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I RSVPed earlier, and mentioned that I'm bringing a friend. I mentioned the event to my local community of magicians, and it's looking like I'll bring 3 or 4 more friends Friday afternoon. These guys mostly aren't very expert in terms of style, but they're interested and they care.
Sounds good. Hopefully, not too much stuff disappears...
patch[1].gif

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Noah In NYC

Reaction score
Ha ha ha maybe we're not quite that bad. Here's a group shot with some of the guys, taken after one of our shows:

Well, at least we don't have anyone dressed as a wizard. We have more pictures at our show's website: http://www.atasteofmagicnyc.com/performers.html

Oh, and no thievery will take place from our guys. Even the pickpockets I know only do it to entertain, not for actual thievery. Not to worry.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be entertained by somebody filching my wallet, as long as they gave it back to me.
I'll do it. You'll get it back after I make a few cc. purchases. That's part of the trick.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great, would love to also try any of the cantarelli SC's if feasible.
Sorry if I missed this, but are you planning on having any of your peccary gloves or Inis sweaters there?
What size / colors do you guys want to see/try?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Will you have a size 11 of the minimal sneakers in white at the show for purchase? Also, what payment methods will you accept at the show?
No, I'm afraid those are sold out. I'll be bringing a credit card reader and will also accept cash.

I'd like to see some magic tricks with handkerchiefs.

ginandsilver

Reaction score
Im In. I'll be in the city that evening anyway and will have One Guest.

Last edited:

Magtoto

Reaction score
I'll be in NYC for the first time this weekend. If I can build up enough courage to join a well-dressed group of men in my Canadian tourist outfit, then I'll be there on Saturday with my partner to checkout Kent Wang's wares, and scurry away afterward.

JP Marcellino

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Let me update this post with one more new style i will bring this weekend so you know what to expect from me. I will also have many of my other styles that came out in 2014.

I had some interest the other day of a short flap briefcase so I will bring this down. I don't do many of these short flaps. I think they are great with less of a flap to handle during opening but you just don't see many briefcases in the US cut like this.

This is the F.H Crick briefcase. I paired it next to a similar antique brown briefcase which is authentic English made and I'd say about 50 years old. I would guess my antique brown leather briefcase I got from auction was very similar to my new one I made so you can get a good idea of the fade.

It is very difficult to authenticate leather, especially without paper work and I got this antique as i said from auction, but i would be surprised if the leather did not come from Sedgwick or Baker. Leather is such a tricky material and its origins is as important as who actually made it, because as they say, it all comes out in the wash. Simply stating a region where the leather comes from or a factory that also produces other high end leather goods is honestly saying nothing to the quality.

My Crick briefcase uses the traditional English bridle leather from Sedgwick tannery in the UK and what i consider the best built most unique lock on Earth - my Hampton Clock Lock. Its a traditional shape lock, like what is on the Antique briefcase, but the Hampton lock is superiorly solidly handmade with all brass parts and also comes plated in thick Palladium metal for a silver appeal. The lock sets like a time code so its easy to remember. The big dial turns the minuets and the small one the hour. The small latch opens. Leave it on your time and no random numbers or keys to deal with just open and close with the little latch

This is a thin briefcase at 16" x 12" x 2" with a Martexin Original Wax duck canvas inside pocket insert.

Here is another new style the Mendel 2150 Bottle Green Briefcase.

This is also Sedgwick UK English bridle in an awesome dark green. It is 16" x 12" x 3" with a back zipper pocket and double Strong Eye Latches.

here are a couple of other samples that came out early in 2014 that I will have at the trunk show

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads