• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style Forum Desktop Tower Defense Group

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Alright, you bastards got me to play it again. First place... FOR NOW. I'm rusty, too, I had a lot of leakers.
frown.gif

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tech-ish question: I can't play this at work--it gives me a "Do you want to install Adobe Flash?" dialog box.

I think it may have something to do with admin permission or something, because I have Flash 9 installed (and I can use it to look at flash files, but not in Internet Explorer). If I go into IE>Tools>Internet Options>Manage Add-ons, Flash6.ocx is there, but not Flash 9. Is this my IT dept. essentially blocking me from wasting my time with flash-based content, or is there an easy fix?

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally beat it, though it only puts me at #33 on the list.
I'm going to try to break into the top ten.
nk

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Tech-ish question: I can't play this at work--it gives me a "Do you want to install Adobe Flash?" dialog box.

I think it may have something to do with admin permission or something, because I have Flash 9 installed (and I can use it to look at flash files, but not in Internet Explorer). If I go into IE>Tools>Internet Options>Manage Add-ons, Flash6.ocx is there, but not Flash 9. Is this my IT dept. essentially blocking me from wasting my time with flash-based content, or is there an easy fix?

Can you uninstall and reinstall Flash? That may help. I've gotten picky messages from it sometimes where Youtube videos randomly won't play.

Looks like we're on hard mode now. If it's gonna be like that...

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Can you uninstall and reinstall Flash? That may help. I've gotten picky messages from it sometimes where Youtube videos randomly won't play.

Looks like we're on hard mode now. If it's gonna be like that...

People will beat that score soon enough. But it will cost them hours of their lives that they will never get back. Mwahahaha....

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like this is the way to do it.
4362116.gif
edit: I just mean as an effective maze for juggling...not the whole thing.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
You guys suck, I'm officially addicted.

+1. Non-stop for three days... I'm up to 3,745... when I go to bed at night, I see flying thingies... must... shoot... little... buggers.... die.... scum.... die....
bounce2.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sauce wins hard mode. It's too stressful and I keep restarting anytime I do one thing even slightly wrong at the beginning. Then to actually beat his score I have to push too fast and one slip means the end, even 15 minutes into the game. I might try to top my normal score but I'm swearing off hard. Screw that.

It reminds me of Hitman 1, when there were no saves and you had to do everything exactly right and some levels could take 45 minutes the sneaky way. I remember the Chinese restaurant level where I tried so many times and was like 40 minutes into it doing perfectly, and then this guy randomly turns around for no reason and spots me. I just about tossed my computer through the window. The next time in I started blasting fools and picked up AK after AK, wasting everyone in the place and finished the level in like 5 minutes. No style points, but I had the last laugh. Those virtual people can't keep me down!

P.s. I was playing before via Remote Desktop, on my old computer (slow) and then I tried today playing on my new laptop (much faster) and the game seems sped-up. I'm not sure which is the right speed, but it was weird.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
I was doing really, REALLY kick ass.... then I finished the game, and it wouldn't let me post my score!

God damn easy mode!
laugh.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Sauce wins hard mode. It's too stressful and I keep restarting anytime I do one thing even slightly wrong at the beginning. Then to actually beat his score I have to push too fast and one slip means the end, even 15 minutes into the game. I might try to top my normal score but I'm swearing off hard. Screw that.

Someone'll beat me. I've hit 9k on hard (no juggling) a few times, but yeah, you have to get all the timing right, and you need a few lucky bounces, so to speak, from those Spawn motherf*ckers.

I never really played Normal, so it will probably be a while before I can challenge your top scores there--I have no feel for how many waves I can send at once, and when. Though I'm pretty sure I can send as many as four waves at once when I get that initial fully-leveled Squirt tower.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If you use a bash and swarms you can send up to 5 waves at once easily, potentially more depending on your maze and how much delay there is. This is because swarms don't go shooting at ground creeps and the bash keeps killing huge groups at a choke point all at once. Check my last couple of maps - if you keep that bash leveled up as fast as you can while maintaining 2 swarms, it will kill pretty much everything but bosses. Also, if you concentrate all your frost on either the top or the left, it will slow down one group of flyers much more than the other, so the swarms will be only be shooting at one group at a time. 2 lv4 swarms along with a bunch of frost and a couple maxed squirts can take out the end flying bosses. Once my stuff is all set up I actually just run the last 3-4 levels all at once because the flyers will be through and dead before the other stuff gets to the kill zone.

I'm a nerd!

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If only I could figure out how to meet hot, successful women and make serious money playing this game.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads