• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strike Gold Jeans from Japan

Nomy?

Reaction score

You mean the "hot wings" that were made of glycerin?
I've only worn my 2105's about ten to fifteen times, will eventually switch to them once i've killed these 1105's.

LOL! Sounds good!

ErikW

Reaction score
Hey all, looking at picking up a pair of 2109s. I wear a size 32 in Momotaro 0701s and those fit great around the waist, but a tad tight around my thighs. Any thoughts on the 2109s? Should I also go with a 32? Are they going to be tighter around my thighs?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya,

Thanks for the help. Making the leap today with a pair of these.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Strike Gold Loopwheeled T-Shirts & More

Strike Gold came out with jeans just a few years ago for the first time; when we saw the fabric and construction in person we were floored by how such a new company can produce product this good. Last year they did a small run of loopwheeled hoodies and crewneck sweaters, quality so good that we see no reason to carry any other brand's hoodies or basic crewneck sweaters. The fabric is exactly what you want from a hoodie or sweater, it's nearly windproof due to it's outer weave, it's extremely heavy and it's wild soft on the inside. This year they wanted to conquer the loopwheeled t-shirt, and that they did.

We've now got Strike Gold's loopwheeed tees available in both black or white, or a red printed version. The weave they achieved on these is quite special. When you see a well worn in loopwheeled tee you start to see the horizontal weave pattern within the fabric, the longer you wear it and the more you wash it the more you can see this pattern. This is an artifact of the weaving process due to it's speed and gravity tension. Strike Gold's pattern is almost apparent even when the tees are new. The tees have double-stitched sleeves and hem-line, a triple-stitched collar, and is stitched together with 100% cotton thread. Is that too much information about a single t-shirt? Not for us.

All three tees along with a full restock of all four jean models and their amazing belts are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store.

SG_BLANC_01.JPG

SG_BLANC_02.JPG

SG_BLANC_05.JPG

SG_BLK_01.JPG

SG_BLK_02.JPG

SG_BLK_05.JPG

SGtee_RED_01.JPG

SGtee_RED_02.JPG

SGtee_RED_05.JPG

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kiya/crew

I know the denim is totally different between the SG1109 and the SG2109, but post-soak does one tend to end up w/ a little more room in the thigh? The notes show different shrinkage rates, and I know it's not an exact thing, but I've always been a fan of these and now I'm looking harder and trying to weigh fit difference (if any) between the two.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Strike Gold Loopwheeled Sweatshirts, Hoodies, & T-Shirts

Strike Gold is back with more for their winter collection.

We've found the ultimate loopwheeled crewneck sweater. A sweater that is a true loopwheeled fabric, flatlock seam stitched throughout, kitten soft exterior and interior, a beautiful fit, and great detailing that's only noticed by those who've studied the art of the loopwheeled sweater. We know this all sounds like a bit much, but once you see these in person you'll know, there's something very special about them that sets them apart from the rest.

Along with these crewnecks we've received the ultimate zip hoodie. A single panel all around with an opening at the front for a 100% cotton taped zipper and 100% cotton hood pulls. This is taking the idea of a perfect loopwheeled hoodie to an extreme. Combining the fabric that Strike Gold produces with the details like a slim fit and two front patch pockets makes this the hoodie to die with.

All six of these pieces are now available up to x-large.

With these sweaters and zip hoodies we've received a full restock of all four of their jean models along with their popular cod-oil soaked waterproof leather belts. So thick it'll satisfy even the heartiest of hungers if stuck on a deserted island.

All these items are available now at all three Self Edge stores, check the online store for full specs on the sweaters and shirts along with measurements, hi-res photos, and more.

Strike Gold! in our online store.

Strike Gold Heavy Loopwheeled Sweatshirt - Black

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome Kiya. Proving that massive fades + washing denim go together very well.

ErikW

Reaction score
2109s. I've had them since July, 2012, but didn't wear them that much. Fit is not my favorite (loose in the top half), but the denim is fairly amazing. They have a lot of stretch, so much different then my Momotaros. These suckers bleed like crazy. Only an initial soak so far. They're getting close to being ready for a wash. I'll post more pics after.

Last edited:

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Man those tees look amazing. I wonder if we'll see any denim with a gold core coming out of Strike Gold--could be a really interesting look.

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
Been thinking about getting the 2109 or 1109 (love the former, but the latter seems more practical given the spring and summer coming soon)--typically I wear a 30 in RRL's slim-fit and low-straight washed-denim, anyone familiar with how this compares to the SG cuts?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Been thinking about getting the 2109 or 1109 (love the former, but the latter seems more practical given the spring and summer coming soon)--typically I wear a 30 in RRL's slim-fit and low-straight washed-denim, anyone familiar with how this compares to the SG cuts?

I would go for the 1105 in size 31.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads