Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

STP cotton pantherellas

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jtatknox, Mar 5, 2011.

1. jtatknox

jtatknox Well-Known Member

Wore a pair today w/ my dessert boots and noticed after one wearing a lot of the fabric is coming apart at the heels and toes. They had a lot of elastic and stayed up great, but I feel like they are not durable enough to last more than 10 wearings. It seems like the fiber length is pretty short. Anyone else care to comment or recommend a similar sock that will actually last me?

2. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Senior member

Was this after washing them? I've worn 3-4 pairs from that batch already and they're looking good.

I always wash my socks in cold water on the delicate cycle, and line dry. Throwing them in the dryer will kill'em.

3. jtatknox

jtatknox Well-Known Member

This pair has not seen any washings yet; just one wearing. I wonder if part of the issue could be that a 2-eye chukka is not the best shoe to pair the sock with. Maybe I would have a different outcome with a pair of oxfords that heel more to the... heel... not that these shoes were flopping around on my feet all day.

That said, I work in a laboratory so I spend a good part of my day walking around the lab space and I probably put a few miles on them today.

Good advice on the sock washing!

4. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

dessert boots

Those sound tasty! [​IMG]

5. nmprisons

nmprisons Senior member

an ill fitting shoe can really do damage to a sock.