• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stores in Lyon?

OnsideBump

Reaction score
Hey all, will be going through France for the next couple weeks and will be based in Lyon for much of it, so wanted to see if there were any recommendations for Brick and Mortar stores for either classic menswear or more streetwear/casual. Bonne Gueule is already on my list, but wanted to see if anyone has experience in this particular city.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
I like Cockpit Vintage for a really great selection of military surplus and vintage clothing. Arpenteur is a really cool workwear-inspired brand based in Lyon and it looks like Summer store stocks them locally.

If you need an intro/overview to the great classic cuisine of Lyon, watch Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown episode on Lyon.

OnsideBump

Reaction score
Ah I completely forgot about Arpenteur, thanks for both recommendations! And don't worry, I already made a reservation at one of the bouchons in town.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend sent me a photo of Bonne Guele’s current display - an unstructured suit that looks like woolen seeraucker and a jacket that looks like a linen field jacket with three button sport coat lapels. Polos, linen pants and sneakers. Honestly thought the Italian versions were more interesting, although there is a distinct French style.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friend sent me a tip to check out Sebastien Le Guillou near the fine arts museum and Bartholdi fountain square. They have Seraphin racer style leather jackets (or think of them as leather bombers), incredibly minimalist, colored navy or olive green in a very Berluti palette. EUR4,000 a jacket. Not slim fit but sleek looking.

They have other high end choices like nice Italian linen field jackets (Caruso at EUR1,100 each), Hackett jackets, and nice shoes and loafers.

He checked out Bonne Guele and they have a wool/hemp light gray work jacket and sport coat hybrid, and a heavy cotton/linen work jacket that is like a boxy overshirt.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads