• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steroids in Bodybuilding...

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20

Years later I still have some health problems but dont have many regrets. It was a great time in my life.

dl

Can you be a little more specific with your "health problems" or would you prefer not to?

I'm just curious.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for whatever reason I lost alot of hair after I stopped using gear. While on I used finasteride regularly and didnt lose a single hair. I continued with the finasteride afterwards but I still lost quite a bit of hair. Everyone in my family has a full head of hair btw.

I had issues with my blood sugar after using insulin. that has since resolved over the past few years though.

I was never insanely strong but handled 500 in the squat and dl regularly. I have alot of scar tissue in my wrists and more and more I wake up pretty stiff in the AM and it takes a while before I'm moving fluidly.

The knots in me arse have finally softened. I had gold balls of scar tissue in several inj sites for many years.

As I was cycling off years back I started sweating like crazy and it just never stopped. I use drysol which helps a bit but my hands still sweat like a faucet even in 10 degree weather.

I always feel like my libido isnt what it should be but I often think I'm comparing it to when I was on 2 grams of test. I started using anabolics (not androgens) at 17 which was just a bad idea.

I actually stopped using gear when I thought I had an infection in my arm from site injecting EQ. I started myself on antib's and ended up with candidia in my throat. I had yeast pockets allover my mouth and could barely swallow (couldnt eat) for 2 weeks. I lost 30 lbs and my pop caught on to what I was doing so I quit gear and training for good. I also got a visit from the DEA but thats another story lol

dl

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dac
they only look like that for a few days of the year. spending 30k+ on steroids a year has made Ronnie a multi-millionaire, has some VERY nice cars and is respected wherever he goes as one of if not the best bodybuilder ever. he is/was a professional athlete who dominated his sport.

I don't think Ronnie is a multi millionaire.

When he became Mr O, he took part only in Mr O and the European Grand Prix after that. Mr O don't pay millions for first placers. European Grand Prix was just a convenient way for him to make money since he is ripped to shreds after Mr O and the prize money was not exactly good. Although he did take part in Test of Strength once.

He doesn't have that many endorsement deals other than supplement companies which are not exactly raking in millions to pay him millions. Also, when he was Mr O, a great portion of his time was spent training after taking a few months off. I doubt he does personal training.

I know he has what is probably a custom Bentley which is probably costly in Arlington. Other than that, I don't think he has a fleet of nice cars.

But one point you have understated is Ronnie is a giant in modern bodybuilding and probably the greatest bodybuilder in modern times. A true great and fantastic human being.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i used tren 3 times and kept all the gains/fat loss i got from it. amazing **** if you don;t mind kennel cough and feeling like ****.

Arent you wearing size 52 pants?
That aint a small waist.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beasty

When he became Mr O, he took part only in Mr O and the European Grand Prix after that. Mr O don't pay millions for first placers. European Grand Prix was just a convenient way for him to make money since he is ripped to shreds after Mr O and the prize money was not exactly good. Although he did take part in Test of Strength once.

He doesn't have that many endorsement deals other than supplement companies which are not exactly raking in millions to pay him millions. Also, when he was Mr O, a great portion of his time was spent training after taking a few months off. I doubt he does personal training.

I know he has what is probably a custom Bentley which is probably costly in Arlington. Other than that, I don't think he has a fleet of nice cars.

But one point you have understated is Ronnie is a giant in modern bodybuilding and probably the greatest bodybuilder in modern times. A true great and fantastic human being.

Coleman's BSN deal was worth $750k, and he said in a radio show that he earns about $6k per appearance. Regardless, bodybuilding isn't a sport you get into for the money.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
waist is 33.5. i'm a fat ****.

Arent you wearing size 52 pants?
That aint a small waist.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dorian's waist was 35.

I am talking about euro sizing! Dorian in his prime had a 30 inch waist.

Beta

Reaction score
I would not be at all surprised to find out that the average PRO dose is half what the average hungry national competitor doseage is. You either have it or you "almost" have it.

see: Gavin Kane/Almost Pro

Kunks pro dose is exactly what I would imagine a elite level cycle to be at. nothing odd, just 2.5 of the basics, some tren, and gh when you can afford it.

beasty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
dorian's waist was 35.
Dorian in his prime when competing was 30 around the waist.
He may be 35 if you measure his protruding dozen pack abs.

Dac

Reaction score

i very much think that he is. you forgot to add seminars, the videos he sells, modelling for fitness magazines, advertising and then you have the sponsors. if youve ever seen his vids you will know he has a Hummer H2, Bentley continental, one of those stupid american SR2 thingies or whatever, a escalade and another one i cant remember. Coleman is very much a multi-milionaire.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i did at 245. 33-34 now. all my bigger stuff was sold or in the process of being sold. you are very concerned with my waist.

But you wear size 36 jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads