Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Stefano Ricci ties at N.M. Last Call store in D.C.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by singlechange, Jul 11, 2006.

1. singlechange

singlechange Senior member

For fans of Stefano Ricci, I was shopping at the new Neiman Marcus Last Call Clearance Center in Washington, D.C. area. There is a boatload of Stefano Ricci ties at $70.00 each marked down from list of $160.00. For your information, the store opened earlier this year and is approximately 30 minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. in Hanover, Maryland. Take Baltimore-Washington Parkway to Maryland State Rt 100 East and then use Exit 10A, make right and you are there at Arundel Mills mall. The Clearance Center is next to Pro Bass store.

2. Roger

Roger Senior member

What's everyone's opinion of Stefano Ricci ties? (RJman, there's no need to respond!) There are always quite a few on eBay.

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Mostly quite garish with a few exceptions. Their satin ties are not for me but some of their wovens are truly exceptional but you must look long and hard to find them. Also, they are wildly expensive at retail.

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

Mostly quite garish with a few exceptions. Their satin ties are not for me but some of their wovens are truly exceptional but you must look long and hard to find them. Also, they are wildly expensive at retail.

Agree. Stefano Ricci is one of those makers who really hits a home run when he gets it right, but alas, that happens far too infrequently. Whenever I go to a NMLC, it seems that all the nice Ricci ties were sold at the regular store. Occasionally I see something very nice on ebay, though.

5. khaller

khaller Well-Known Member

Disregard this post...I posted a thread about it. Sorry.

6. aportnoy

Is it possible to tell whether a tie is a 7-fold or a double 4-fold just by looking at (or feeling) it?

Yes, a true seven fold tie is made from a single piece of silk that is folded over iteself. A double four will ahve pieces of silk that have been sewn together.

7. auto90403

auto90403 Senior member

Santa Monica, California/McLean, Virginia
    i've been give a few SR ties. not my style at all. which is to say, i've never worn them.

8. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

Mostly quite garish with a few exceptions. Their satin ties are not for me but some of their wovens are truly exceptional but you must look long and hard to find them.

I just purchased my first Stefano Ricci tie this past weekend (at NMLC) and must have lucked into one of the exceptions: a beautiful woven navy/pink Macclesfield. I've very little personal experience with Ricci ties, but the selection there was anything but garish.

9. aportnoy

I just purchased my first Stefano Ricci tie this past weekend (at NMLC) and must have lucked into one of the exceptions: a beautiful woven navy/pink Macclesfield. I've very little personal experience with Ricci ties, but the selection there was anything but garish.

To give you an idea of waht I mean by garish VG, Ricci is fanmous for their pelated ties in patchwork fabrics.

10. fatherseanfan

fatherseanfan Senior member

For your information, the store opened earlier this year and is approximately 30 minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. in Hanover, Maryland. Take Baltimore-Washington Parkway to Maryland State Rt 100 East and then use Exit 10A, make right and you are there at Arundel Mills mall. The Clearance Center is next to Pro Bass store.

Is it accessible by subway?

11. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

No - you'll have to drive!