• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stefano Bemer Thread

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you guys say go for essentials and move up to get the fitting right?

The website isn't TOO obvious about the different between the three tiers of shoes they have.
The best value would probably be the classic if you look for handmade. It’s handmade apart from the sole. If you want fully handmade you go to the tradizione (like my pair above). At this point you might as well go for the bespoke blue.

the essential is a goodyear shoe. Surely decent.

the S last is one of my best fitting rtw lasts. I size up half for it than My regular. Good luck

yshin10

Reaction score
The best value would probably be the classic if you look for handmade. It’s handmade apart from the sole. If you want fully handmade you go to the tradizione (like my pair above). At this point you might as well go for the bespoke blue.

the essential is a goodyear shoe. Surely decent.

the S last is one of my best fitting rtw lasts. I size up half for it than My regular. Good luck
I love the "best value!!" Thank you!

CWL317

Reaction score
It’s best to contact them and ask. I study at the shop and they are quite responsive. I wear the S last half a size up.
Thanks Kostas. I read the J last is somewhere between a D&E fit, so I’m wondering if one should go half size up too, as I’m normally 7E. Useful to know you went half size up in the S. Your YouTube review is very helpful and I fancy up-tiering to SB Classica for my next pair of shoes.

Unfortunately I reside in post-Brexit UK (‘nuff said), so I’m trying to figure out the best way to purchase, as direct order from Italy will now attract hefty import fees. I believe Cavour is their authorized retailer in London so I might go to them and have the advantage of see before buy. At this sort of price point one doesn’t want to get the sizing wrong if buying blind.

CWL317

Reaction score
Quick question for SB shoe owners… when the time comes for resoling, do you send them back to SB in Florence directly? How easy is the process if you reside outside Italy?

IKant

Reaction score
Quick question for SB shoe owners… when the time comes for resoling, do you send them back to SB in Florence directly? How easy is the process if you reside outside Italy?
I have J and S and didn't size up for the J. The J is a little slimmer, but not so much so that it warrants a size increase. With respect to resoling, I haven't needed one yet, but Tommaso Melani told me to drop them off at the New York boutique when needed. If mailing them to US is easier, I imagine you could do that if more economical. You should dm Tommaso on his IG with all your questions. He's super responsive and a really cool guy.

dtwb

Reaction score
20220731_152650.jpg
20220729_164758.jpg

My third pair of Bemers just arrived, courtesy of the wonderful team at The Cloakroom in Brisbane. Brown boarskin on the C last.

hysteria

Reaction score
Hey all,

How does the Bemer C last fit compared to Vass F-last or CJ Harvard?
I've never tried Bemer's before but Cavour has a beautiful pair of loafers in the C-last for sale and I'm wondering which size if any would work for me.

Harvard Unlined 7.5UK was a decent fit but a bit too long. Haven't tried 7UK, but CJ states that it would've worked well.
Vass F-last loafers instep too high for me but length and width are fine.

I tend to have a low instep and slightly below average width. My understanding is that Bemers are generally ver high instep so probably wouldn't work for me, especially loafers. Do you concur?

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to revive this thread. Visited the flagship store in Florence yesterday, great experience. Five shoemakers were at work in the store, out of a total of eight shoemakers, the others working at the workshop two kilometers away. According to the salesman, all the bespoke orders are actually made in the flagship store.

I had a good fitting for a MTO and quickly fell in love with the A last because of its fit. However, in my preferred size where the fit around the heel was very tight, as should be, the fit around my forefoot felt just a bit too tight to be comfortable at the end of a long day at work. Soon two shoemakers were engaged in my fitting (one of them was, I was told, their head lastmaker), and they decided that the best option would be to add a little more room to the last around the joint of my big toe. So with that sorted out I placed my first Stefano Bemer order, can't wait to receive the shoes in accordingly 10-12 weeks. Extremely pleasant experience at the shop, I have to say.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My December order should be ready very soon. Looking forward to receiving them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads