• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Starcraft 2 Forum Games

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like apm makes very little difference now in SC2. Back in BW I was 170-200 apm and having a higher apm than your opponent gives you a significant advantage in terms of microing and macroing. But now with the multiple building hotkeys, rallying workers directly to mineral fields, queuing upgrades, smart spell casting etc... you can have a low apm and still be good.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh its hard to drop on 3 bases while maintaining dropship acceleration and macro with anything less than 200apm =/

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am really good at getting ****** kicked in this game. I think I might have to start using someone other than the Zerg. Obviously my time tested strategies are not working.

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaTionS
you can have a low apm and still be good.

play the 6poolrush on maps like coalition and fortress with 14apm ..

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I am really good at getting ****** kicked in this game. I think I might have to start using someone other than the Zerg. Obviously my time tested strategies are not working.
But..but you're Asian. Then again, I would expect nothing less from a Zerg user.
laugh.gif

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

i do

10 extractor (2 on gas)
drone
pool
drone
overlord
queen (use queen spawn larva)
zergling speed
zergling
zergling
zergling
overlord
zerglingsssss

when speed finishes attack with your mass of zerglings

this build makes poeple thing you are noob cuz they scout you, see spawning pool, then wait 3 min and see no zerglings, if they try to scout again you have 2 zerglings sitting out front to kill their scout. and then boom a mass of 20+ zerglings speeding into their base ftrape

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
didnt you say you are platinum in solo? this wont work versus a toss with two gates at choke or a terran which had already destroyed your eco with fast reaper ..

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It might work against zerg but almost all the terran and protoss players I've played against either completely walled or semi-walled, those lings wont do anything by the time you get them. They could be used to delay their expansion though.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol.. protoss cant wall completely, and you can easily break a terran wall with this, also reaper cant kill you cuz you got the queen, not to mention zerglings run faster than an unupgraded reaper if they have speed toss putting gates at choke is the dumbest idea ever, btw best thing is to put two sentries at choke and force field micro... think about it if you have your buildings at choke then your units cant be there shooting down with their high ground advantage. terran siege + scan and your buildings at choke are dead, and you cant push out quickly enough because your buildings are there. to beat this strat protoss needs either a lot of zealots or a few cannons and some zealots... also you'll need to use probes to attack. for terran you need to send scvs to repair the supply depot and a lot of marines. (and i just tried it on a terran who walled off.. he was too slow to send scvs to repair the supply depot and didnt send enough, and he lost
frown.gif
)

coldarchon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
and you can easily break a terran wall with this
considering your bo the terran has enough firepower to kill your units in 5 seconds and not even half of your lings can attack the wall. only if you had banelings. and hellions are soon to come here ..
also reaper cant kill you cuz you got the queen, not to mention zerglings run faster than an unupgraded reaper if they have speed
again, until you had speed upgrade the reaper had destroyed your eco. splitting reapers to both sides of mine would make it impossible for the queen to defend ..
toss putting gates at choke is the dumbest idea ever, btw
actually players at platinum level place 2 gates close together so only one lot can protect it, set on hold. while only one ling by ling can attack the lot, the 4 stalkers he had by now would snipe down all other lings. no one builds sentries vs zerg at tier 1, and some even make a maze with their buildings. with the slow made speedlings you had map control and could avoid him getting an exe, but you would lose soon versus the hidden built void ray ..

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol.. protoss cant wall completely, and you can easily break a terran wall with this, also reaper cant kill you cuz you got the queen, not to mention zerglings run faster than an unupgraded reaper if they have speed

toss putting gates at choke is the dumbest idea ever, btw

best thing is to put two sentries at choke and force field micro... think about it if you have your buildings at choke then your units cant be there shooting down with their high ground advantage. terran siege + scan and your buildings at choke are dead, and you cant push out quickly enough because your buildings are there.

to beat this strat protoss needs either a lot of zealots or a few cannons and some zealots... also you'll need to use probes to attack.

for terran you need to send scvs to repair the supply depot and a lot of marines.

(and i just tried it on a terran who walled off.. he was too slow to send scvs to repair the supply depot and didnt send enough, and he lost
frown.gif
)

I guess the way I wrote that sentence was a bit unclear but I meant that terran players generally completely wall and toss players almost always semi wall with a pylon and either forge and gateway or 2 gateways so that there is only room for one unit to pass. And against zerg, the toss would always get sentries fast so your lings would get choked off by FF spam while sentries (maybe stalkers too) just kill them off.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sigh noobs will never learn. watch korean pro games and tell me which toss is dumb enough to put gateways at entrance to try and block... no one does it

add me my name is wowimsobad.dunno and we can 1v1

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sigh noobs will never learn. watch korean pro games and tell me which toss is dumb enough to put gateways at entrance to try and block... no one does it

add me my name is wowimsobad.dunno and we can 1v1

If you don't know why it's sometimes good to block off your ramp with buildings and a unit then you should stop playing protoss. First of all it denies scouting, especially on a 4 player map where they may get to your base last so they don't know what your doing. Second, it allows for more/better opportunities for ff spam. Third, your pylon would be on the edge, giving you the choice to warp units either inside or outside your base.

And what are these "korean pro games" that you refer to? Korean "pros" are still playing SC1 and that's still what all the major tournaments play. The only players that have switched over are mediocre players hoping to be a top SC2 player. And if you look at top protoss players (nony, nazgul, whitera) they often create a semi wall at their ramp.

From everything you've said I'm starting to think it's by pure luck you managed to get placed into platinum league.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics