• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Staple Holes inside New Allen Edmonds

scrollphaser

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Allen Edmonds Park Avenues yesterday and later noticed there are staple holes on the insoles of both shoes. One set by the heel, another by the toe.
I can't find my receipt and was wondering if I was like scammed or something.
Why in the world would there be staple holes on the insoles?
I had ordered a brown pair of the same shoe and they should arrive tomorrow. Should I wait to see if those have holes too. They were made for me, so I don't think anything would be wrong with them.
I guess I wouldn't want my sweat draining into these holes over time and saturating the cork and leather making the shoes stink. Besides, I can feel them when I walk and I don't want holes in my new shoes.
Are those holes there for something? Since Allen Edmonds has given me the best shoe advice so far, I don't really have anyone to ask about this and don't want to be bullied if I should bring this to their attention.
Please help.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These little holes are on almost every AE shoe I have seen. I think its something in the manufacturing, probably a tool which places the insole into the shoe.

If you dont like them, just take them back

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These are in the insoles, right? If so, then just keep them: the insoles are staples or tacked to the lasts for stability, and the holes just remain. All my AEs have them. Don't worry about perspireation (it's going to be there regardless)...just enjoy your new shoes.

Now, if you have staple holes in some other part of the shoe....
butbut.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads