1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Staple Clothing Going on Sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kronik, Oct 8, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Distinguished Member

I recently tried out a Loro Piana Roadster Pull (1/4 zip) in a beautiful oatmeal as well as red. They retail for 625 at NM. Should I expect that this will go on sale at the end of the season? My interest in clothes as well as my financial position were completely different a year ago, and as such, I wasn't anywhere near a Saks or NM attempting to buy sweaters.

This extends generally to luxury goods, like a cashmere 1/4 zip, that is very traditional and will probably not be changing TOO significantly in the near future, as with a solid navy Kiton SB 3B or what have you.

Is there any sort of magical function which will tell me if and when certain items will go on sale? I'd assume not but perhaps some of the more experienced shoppers could assist here.

2. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Usually Neimans does a sale around Thanksgiving. Get to know them and they will keep you informed and go on the morning of the first day, ideally during a work week. I've bought 14 Micron Kiton suits there for under $2K. Sometimes however Neimans will shuffle the merchandise around so your local store may get Atlanta or Dallas goods...seems like this would add cost, but maybe they do it to avoid upsetting those that purchased full retail.

Ties are easily be 40-60% off at Last Call. I have not seen as much Loro Piana on sale at the Atlanta store but it happens. Usually more in the 20-25% range than 40-60%. Things move fast however. Get there early is my best advice. [​IMG]

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

Usually Neimans does a sale around Thanksgiving. Get to know them and they will keep you informed and go on the morning of the first day, ideally during a work week. I've bought 14 Micron Kiton suits there for under $2K. Sometimes however Neimans will shuffle the merchandise around so your local store may get Atlanta or Dallas goods...seems like this would add cost, but maybe they do it to avoid upsetting those that purchased full retail.

Ties are easily be 40-60% off at Last Call. I have not seen as much Loro Piana on sale at the Atlanta store but it happens. Usually more in the 20-25% range than 40-60%. Things move fast however. Get there early is my best advice. [​IMG]

For a minute I thought you said you'd bought 14 Kiton suits there... do they have a lot of models of Kiton at your NM?

4. SGladwell

SGladwell Distinguished Member

I've bought Loro Piana sweaters on sale for 40% off at NM in ATL before, though not for the past 3 or so years. In staple colors such as heathered grey, and red, and not some of their odder colorways.