• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

somet denim..

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, they're not completely the same. Two different cuts... The slim one, which I have now. And the straight one, which is on his way.

I sized down one more by the way... Should be a pain ********** to get on, hehe.

Alec_Jan

Reaction score
Does anyone have 008's and momotaro 0701's? Would appreciate a comparison, thinking about getting the 008's next.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do have the 008's... But not the Momo's. So I can't help you with a comparison. Though, if you want info on the jeans you can always ask me.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alec_Jan
Does anyone have 008's and momotaro 0701's? Would appreciate a comparison, thinking about getting the 008's next.

I had the 003 and have the Momo 0701 (currently my daily wear).

Momos have a more generous leg opening (which I got tapered from 8" to 7.5). Otherwise, the fit is almost identical to the 003, except the Momotaro rise is 9.5" (but feels shorter due to snug top block). The 008 is much more significantly tapered. If you want a slim straight, 003 is your best bet.

Denim on both is ******* smooth and gorgeous. Momotaros are more of a shrink-to-fit jean though. You lose 1" in the waist and 1-2" in the leg.

What else do you want to know?

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Mlyngard:

Dude, when are your FH's coming? Maybe if they arrive tuesday we both can start with a fresh pair. Likely my Somet's will arrive then too.

blam89

Reaction score
anyone know where i can kop a pair of 003 or 005's in size 30 online? BiG is all out of that size, so is context, and i can't seem to find any other online retailers that stock somets

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blam89
anyone know where i can kop a pair of 003 or 005's in size 30 online? BiG is all out of that size, so is context, and i can't seem to find any other online retailers that stock somets

You do know these sit low on the hips? So the waistband isn't actually on the waistline? Maybe it's wise to size down or up depending on how much torture you can stand to get a rad fit =)

Did you contact Gordon from BiG to get more sizing info, he is really helpfull.

blam89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
You do know these sit low on the hips? So the waistband isn't actually on the waistline? Maybe it's wise to size down or up depending on how much torture you can stand to get a rad fit =)

yeah im a 32waist so ive sized down 2 already. you think that's enough? worried if i size down to 29 it'll get a little tight in the thighs, not looking for the super skinny fit, just something slim throughout the leg.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down two in my 003's and that was the perfect fit..i don't know if I would size down 3.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in for a world of hurt then, as I did size down 3... Lol. No I sized down 2 on my 008 and they are thight. But I had a little room in the thighs and I wanted to get rid of them, so I took the 003 a size smaller. So from normal waist I did indeed size down 3. Should be no problem I guess, but I don't want to think of downsizing even more.

blam89

Reaction score
I'll be in for a world of hurt then, as I did size down 3... Lol. No I sized down 2 on my 008 and they are thight. But I had a little room in the thighs and I wanted to get rid of them, so I took the 003 a size smaller. So from normal waist I did indeed size down 3. Should be no problem I guess, but I don't want to think of downsizing even more.

Originally Posted by PartagasIV
I sized down two in my 003's and that was the perfect fit..i don't know if I would size down 3.

you guys know anywhere that still stocks size 30 in 008s (003s work too)?

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your Japanese is good, you could try it trough the manifacturer, Taisai. Don't remember the website though, should be www.taisai.co.jp or something like that. Or maybe a proxy. SharpService is really good, from what I've read.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Mlyngard:

Dude, when are your FH's coming? Maybe if they arrive tuesday we both can start with a fresh pair. Likely my Somet's will arrive then too.

Probably Tuesday! Lets do it then.

Originally Posted by blam89

That's pretty much it, as far as I know. But call or email Gordon at BiG and ask if he'll special order for you. They note that they will do that on their website.

I sized down two (my 29s were a 31 when I got them) but after a soak and shrink they were a 30, so sizing down three might be tight. I guess we'll see with Mistral... ;-)

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'll wear it straight out of the box, without a soak. Then it should fit really snug... Or soak and wear while damp. Dunno yet.

I soaked my 008's and it didn't really influence the fit. Nor did it shrink really much. Indications on BiG-website a really accurate. Inseam shrinking less than an inch, this is also appliable to waist. Unless you soak/dry at really hight temperatures.

word

Reaction score
I soaked anyways to get all the starch out so I can get in and out of them easier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads