• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Solito Thread

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think of it like Romanee-Conti. Strictly speaking, I can "afford" it in that I have the money in the bank. But prudentially, it would be stupid.

Not casting any aspersions, just sayin' that's the way I run my finances.

Ah come on.

You're already settled down - you already have more suits than you can use in a lifetime.

You must be dying for an expensive fling.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Maybe. But I just can't justify to myself $6K for a two piece. I love Lobb Paris bespoke, but ditto. If I had the money, I would probably do it. I just don't feel that rich, and I do want to retire some day.

Plus, I spend a lot on wine and I can't cannibalize my wine budget for clothes.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's funny I was just about to type that if I had your wardrobe I would dedicate more of my disposable income to wine and scotch.

SartodiNapoli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have many Solito coats and pattern matching is just perfect. In fact among 4-5 tailors i used in Naples, Solito seemed to me the best pattern matcher.
However i can also confirm that the handwork on Solito coats are almost the worst i had in Naples. Hand stitching is not great, it's not point ... but really ---, button holes are not done carefully. The worst is even buttons are not solid which is a real and practical problem...
Overall handwork is not great but it's still better than the one shown in one of above link...at least in these days...If Solito is able to fit your back correctly then i think he's one of the best (if not the best) option in Naples...

The last sentence seems obviously ironic.

snikta

Reaction score
I think I read here that he's been making regular London trips...? Any chance I might actually receive a suit that I order on his next NYC visit?

Last edited:

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

I too am looking forward to seeing Solito when he returns to NY.

Me too, to say the least.

Odd that he has not reached out to any of us directly. I even own him money which he refuses to collect. I've heard all about the flakiness of Italians and tailors and Italian tailors but "No, don't pay me!" is a new one.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Me too, to say the least.

Odd that he has not reached out to any of us directly. I even own him money which he refuses to collect. I've heard all about the flakiness of Italians and tailors and Italian tailors but "No, don't pay me!" is a new one.

I've been in touch with Luigi about the tour and told him I would make the announcement here, but it looks like he already sent out the email. Anyway, I didn't want to say anything until things were settled with people who have outstanding orders, as it seemed better to set the books straight with those people before moving on to new clients.

Since he's already announced it, people can of course just contact him directly for appointments. Just thought I'd explain why he didn't contact anyone. I was supposed to do that, but felt it would be better to finish my private message conversations with people who have outstanding orders.

Obvious disclosure and what not: I'm not getting any kind of secret deal or payment for anything. I just reached out to him about coming back to the US and have been in touch with him about three people's unfinished orders.

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I read here that he's been making regular London trips...? Any chance I might actually receive a suit that I order on his next NYC visit?
Are both of them coming? It's implying you can make an appointment with one or the other.

joelmax

Reaction score
Luca is definitely coming. I emailed with him. Four shirt minimum order for new customers. Really looking forward to this.

koolbear

Reaction score
Some new stuff arrived this week. Linen Hopsack Jacket, 2PC Smith Finmeresco, 2PC Smith Midnight Blue Wool / Mohair Dinner Suit, Blue Linen Jacket. Colours have come out a little strange on my screen, but very pleased with the outcome. Perhaps I should take some photographs outside in natural light if I get a chance.

Last edited:

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some new stuff arrived this week. Linen Hopsack Jacket, 2PC Smith Finmeresco, 2PC Smith Midnight Blue Wool / Mohair Dinner Suit, Blue Linen Jacket. Colours have come out a little strange on my screen, but very pleased with the outcome. Perhaps I should take some photographs outside in natural light if I get a chance.

Really fine pieces. Classic and discreet with a neapolitan touch (e.g. one button cuffs).

Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Stugotes

Reaction score

Please do! Wearing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads