1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Solito Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Jun 14, 2011.

1. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

You seem to have a large drop (good for you, I have a large drop in the opposite direction) and the cut is ascentuating it. If that is the look you are going for, no harm, but I would prefer slightly smaller shoulders and a more relaxed waist/hips. Your shape will still come through, but it will be more subdued. And the collar is a bit too big for you.

2. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

That's what really caught my eye.

How many fittings? Oh...and thanks for sharing.

3. CieloJag

CieloJag Member

@edmorel and @Murlsquirl good eye on the collar. I had three fittings, with an option for a fourth (but it was expensive to keep returning to NYC). I was happy at the third fitting with the collar ironically enough, because it sat nicely on my traps then (and it was the first time in my life I thought a collar fit me). There is definitely some slight pulling now as I turn (the picture isn't straight on). It's less noticeable when I stand straight. I missed the issue and didn't notice it until I received the jacket via mail. Still happy with how it turned out, defects and all since it was a first attempt. @edmorel is also correct vis-a-vis my large drop. I currently wear a size 31 waist and actually lost quite a bit of weight after a cut cycle between fittings (big time gym rat). Luigi cuts a slimmer cut than his father, certainly. Because it was my first bespoke experience, I tried to let Luigi guide me as opposed to the other way around. Chalk it up to timidity on my end.

4. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

You had all of these fittings in NYC? I can't recall -- has he been back to NY three times since his hiatus?

By the way, when is his next NYC trip? Have not received notice.

5. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

I think it's been three times.

Next visit is in Sept.

6. CieloJag

CieloJag Member

He has been back four times since his hiatus, as I attended on his first visit back, I believe. Beginning September of 2015, December, April, and the end of this past June. He visits quarterly at this time, from my understanding. He was also quite good communicating with me over time compared to past experiences.

7. Davarpanah

Davarpanah Well-Known Member

F*** me - how is it, that every single tailor shop I happen to cross, messes up my order somehow. I'm new to the game - and heck, I'm ready to all-in on OTR soon. So here's my experience with Solito. I visit their shop in Naples, and choose fabric and so on. We agree to meet up in London. I email with him a couple of times, trying to arrange the london meeting, regarding dates and times and so forth. I show up on London, and he doesn't have my jacket with him (it not made, even though he says it is), and he doesn't even recognize me. So a whole day wasted traveling from Denmark to London. He promises me, to get things in order. I send him the emails below - and absolutely no response. What a freaking waste of my time. So everybody is hereby warned. I will be posting this on the Solito thread as well.

Hi again,

I’m still waiting for response - see below.

Hi Luigi,

I, quite unhappy with the situation last Thursday. When paying that much for a bespoke jacket – I expect things to be in order. I’m not pleased with a whole day of travel being wasted – and money as well. I’ve spend 240 Euros on the trip to London – which I expect to be deducted from the price of the jacket 2100 (price of jacket) – 240 (travel expenses) = € - do you agree ? And with regards to a whole day wasted on travels – I expect the service to be extraordinary good in the future.

And just to make sure, that we don’t end up with any mistake again in the future – I would like to receive a photo of the jacket, so we can agree on the fabric. And next time you’re in London and I’m available at the same time, we can have the first fitting ?

1237 DKK planetickets

200 DKK parking at the airport

275 DKK – train tickets from airport to london

100 DKK – underground from victoria – charing cross

Emne: Re: London show - adress ?

Dear Bardia
    The date is perfect
    I will becat The Traveller's Club
    106 Pall Mall
    See you soon
    Best Regards
    Luigi

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 21 giu 2016, alle ore 08:24,

Hi,

I’ve ordered planetickets and will be seeing you on the 7th of july at 4 pm. Where in london is the trunkshow ?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  8. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

I would remove your personal info from the above. The internet is not kind with such info.

1 person likes this.
  9. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

then he'd better change his user name + location too

@Davarpanah please keep us posted... and good luck!

1 person likes this.
  10. greger

greger Senior member

11. Davarpanah

Davarpanah Well-Known Member

Not the most tech savy - how would people be able to misuse my email adress ? Send me junkmails or ?

And with regards to Luigi - he came out of the bush as soon as I made him aware of my post here. He insist that the already tried to contact me through email to pay me back the money I spend on going to London. Never received that email - But as long as I'm not sure why I didn't receive it, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt !

So trying to decide weather to make a new appointment with him - or not ? I'll be sure to keep you guys up to date !

12. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Identity theft & email spoofing come initially to mind. You can't underestimate the deviants on the internet to leverage any type of personal info.

Such is the world now...

1 person likes this.
  13. philipf90

philipf90 Member

Jut
    Looks nice! Would be good to see some more pictures if possible. What's the starting price point for ciardi? I may be interested in commissioning a 2 piece.

14. WillingToLearn

WillingToLearn Senior member

Was the SC requested to be that length?

15. Mark Lee Jin Yi

Mark Lee Jin Yi Senior member

Ciardi starts at 2200 euros in Naples I believe. A friend of mine recently received his jacket from Ciardi and the back is so clean, its sublime.

The SC was not requested to be so short. The chinos I was wearing was quite a low rise (lower than what I usually wear) which makes the overall effect look quite short. I think if the jacket was about 2-3cm longer it would be perfect.

16. philipf90

philipf90 Member

Great, put me on the list then for the potential london trunk show.

17. robotmitli

robotmitli Senior member

This is nice Mark, I especially like the top block structure

18. xysteine

xysteine New Member

Hi everyone.
    I am planning for a bespoke trip to napoli and have been thinking of Solito as a tailor for my bespoke overcoats. I have tried to contact him via email but haven't heard from him yet like for weeks. So I thought I would ask you about what I have been curious about.

I would love to finish the first fitting and the second fitting on my trip there. I don't think I can make it back there once more for like 5 years. So I really need to get the fitting parts sorted out whilst I'm in Napoli. The question is, how many days do you think I should be in Napoli for? I've read a comment on other sartorias' average periods of time, but couldn't catch even a glimpse of solito's. Please help me out. Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  19. xysteine

xysteine New Member

Sorry. Thought last one wasn't posted. Deleting this one.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017