• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: Hickey Freeman mainline business suit 40R - light weight blue multi stripe - used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arethusa406

Reaction score
Hickey Freeman men's business suit
  • Size as Marked: 40R
  • Model: Madison (from the main line, not Hickey or Ltd) Made in USA.
  • Jacket Description: Single-breasted. Two-buttons. Notch lapels. Flap pockets. Breast pocket. Single center vent. Pick stitching. 100% Bemberg lining.
  • Trouser Description: Pleated front. Slanted off-seam front pockets. Button-through rear pockets. Pick stitching. Cuffed hems (turn-ups).
  • Photos of actual item: Pic1 | Pic2 | Pic3 | Pic4
  • Cloth: 100% worsted wool. Lighter weight. Multi-stripe in gray and light green against medium blue.
  • Jacket Measurements: Chest 21, Waist 19.5, Sleeve Length 24.75, Shoulder 18.75, Jacket Length (BOC) 30.5.
  • Trouser Measurements: Waist 34, Inseam 32.5, Outseam 43.25, Rise 11, Leg Opening 9.
  • Provenance: Purchased new by me at Barney's Warehouse Sale in Manhattan, NY in 2009.
  • Condition: I'm selling it as a used garment, but in excellent condition with lots of life left in it. Labels are intact - no pen markings or cut-throughs. I've had some normal, minor alterations made to fit my shape. I've listed the individual measurements above. The buyer should expect to have similar alterations done to fit his own shape.
  • Original retail price: $1795
  • My selling price: $70 SOLD SOLD SOLD

GENERAL TERMS: ============================

MEASUREMENTS: *****************************
All measurements are taken according to this diagram and given in inches unless otherwise noted.

PAYMENT: **********************************
I accept PayPal payment. I cover the PayPal fee. I'm a verified premier PayPal user. I also accept money orders as payment. I wait for payments to fully clear before shipping. Even money orders need to clear. Cash is also accepted in face-to-face transactions (New York City or Long Island). Payment must be in United States Dollars.

SHIPPING: *********************************
Shipping costs are not included in the prices above. Items will ship from New York, USA. I can ship via USPS, UPS, or Fedex, at the buyer's option. I don't charge any extra "handling" fees. I try to come as close to the actual shipping charges as possible when determining the final cost to the buyer. I always choose a shipping method that includes proof of delivery. I package items very safely and securely for shipping. In the case of international shipment, I declare the package value as the final sale price for customs purposes. Thanks for understanding on this point.

CONFIDENCE: *******************************
I'm not very active on this forum, but I've sold items here before without incident. I have bought and sold items on a few other sites, as well, including the big one, where I've built up perfect feedback. I can share the specifics with a prospective buyer over PM or personal email. I'm also open to a phone conversation. I'm interested in smooth, prompt, fair transactions. I'm not a dealer or a business... just a guy.

Best regards, and thanks for your interest in my listing.

Attachments

• hfm-1-1.jpg
    hfm-1-1.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 40
  • hfm-1-2.jpg
    hfm-1-2.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 48
  • hfm-1-3.jpg
    hfm-1-3.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 58
  • hfm-1-4.jpg
    hfm-1-4.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

duck4040

Reaction score
Hey I am actually in both of the suits you have available but with preference for the multistripe. How much would you be asking for both, combined shipped? Thank you and goodluck with the sells.

-Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads