• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So how often does GVH refresh its EG/RLPL inventory?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
been looking for some mackays in my size and they pop up in GVH every now and then. Do they typically refresh their RLPL inventory monthly or longer? Or is it on a indiviual basis (whenever it comes in)?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's whenever it comes in. They sometimes seem to get monster shipments, and at other times things trickle out or dry up altogether.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's what we know: the EG/RLPL shoes come from stores, not from a warehouse (we know this because the shoes are shopworn in many cases, and the boxes are damaged.) The shoes are sold, by and large (if not exclusively), at RL stores. Given that, it's a fair assumption that GVH gets the shoes directly from the stores.

We also know that the shoes were held out of last fall's sale. (Though my SA in Chicago told me that they were reduced by 60% late in the sale period - who knew?)

I think it's a fair hypothesis that the most recent run of EG on GVH was a result of RL excluding them from last fall's sale - and given that we seem to have bought every pair in every size in North America since Thursday, we should not expect to see EG on GVH before the next RL sale.

Of course, this hypothesis is testable, and someone here will be sure to tell us if it's wrong.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
I think it's a fair hypothesis that the most recent run of EG on GVH was a result of RL excluding them from last fall's sale - and given that we seem to have bought every pair in every size in North America since Thursday, we should not expect to see EG on GVH before the next RL sale.

Since PL shoes are sold exclusively at select RL stores and online, I think this is probably a safe bet and wouldn't expect to see any large shipments to reach GVH any time soon. EG does not mass produce thousands of shoes/week (weren't they in fact in danger of losing the RL account because they couldn't deliver fast enough?) so it's not like there are large inventories that need to be liquidated on a regular basis.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
GVH has couple of PL/EG shoes on Ebay right now, I am watching this Mackay in my size

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=021

but looks like it will take more than 600 bucks to get it, which might be too steep.
How much were the EG shoes going for in the recent PL sales, 600+ (after 40% off)?

$950-40%...then an additional 20% off that.
So from Ralph lauren I am getting the EG Grant....$470ish delivered. Thats with EG shoe trees, the GVH come without shoe trees.

Regards.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads