• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNS Herning- fits?

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ordered a navy Stark in M from that German site someone linked earlier, Volls. Ought to be fun to see how it fits. 

I got a Moment from them last year, but I think it was older stock and it was giant, like the older stock Starks. it was on sale for a good price, shipping was pretty quick and I never got hit w/ a customs bill.

Nicolai

Reaction score
hmm ok, looks like I missed that boat more or less. Anyone have any experience ordering directly from SNS online shop?

I ordered my Fisherman from their online store. Had some issues communicating with them since the email addresses listed on their website aren't monitored for some reason. I didn't hear anything for a month after ordering, so I had to open a dispute with Paypal. That cleared things up in no time though and my order was sent out the same day with a bonus. Try [email protected] if you need to get in touch with them.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone know how the moments are running this season?

+1 for this if anyone has tried them on. I really like the crew, and the cardigan is nice option between the Ion's neck line and the much higher Stark neck.

Based on End's chart, they seem in-line w/ the "new" Starks...but I'm hard pressed to rely too heavily on anyone's size chart.

flatspotting

Reaction score
I got a Moment from them last year, but I think it was older stock and it was giant, like the older stock Starks. it was on sale for a good price, shipping was pretty quick and I never got hit w/ a customs bill.

Who did they ship with to you? DHL? I am considering ordering the oxblood off Volls as it seems to be the last hope for a reasonable price.... although still more than I hoped to get a stark for :s

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who did they ship with to you? DHL?  I am considering ordering the oxblood off Volls as it seems to be the last hope for a reasonable price....  although still more than I hoped to get a stark for :s

Yes, they used DHL. I don't think there was a choice.

I clearly remember reading in the Customs/Fees threads that customs fees are not assessed on purchases $250 and under (this was regardless of carrier). That may or may not be correct, or may have changes, or who knows but... it's consistent with my limited experience shopping w/ Euro vendors, Volls included.

flatspotting

Reaction score
Yes, they used DHL. I don't think there was a choice.

I clearly remember reading in the Customs/Fees threads that customs fees are not assessed on purchases $250 and under (this was regardless of carrier). That may or may not be correct, or may have changes, or who knows but... it's consistent with my limited experience shopping w/ Euro vendors, Volls included.
Hmm, thanks a lot for that Info.... looks like they are teh front runner for my Stark purchase... I was going to wait to see what Roden Gray got (As they are local to me) but when I inquired they said they will be charging $350+tax which comes out to basically $400.... $75 more than Volls. Not really worth it for me.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how do those of you in cold climates wear these? seems too bulky to layer, but also too porous to wear as an outer layer by itself in case of wind, rain, snow, etc.

I wear it with a coat on cold days:

qfdBVP2.jpg
roZ6xba.jpg

endless402

Reaction score

Hmm, thanks a lot for that Info.... looks like they are teh front runner for my Stark purchase... I was going to wait to see what Roden Gray got (As they are local to me) but when I inquired they said they will be charging $350+tax which comes out to basically $400.... $75 more than Volls.   Not really worth it for me. 

too bad they didnt have it in with that 30% off. i would have bought at least one item...

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So one user indicated I should wear S and another user indicated I should wear XS.

I wear an XS in Brooks Brother, BR, Jcrew etc

Should I starks in s or xs? Some places don't even carry XS. I saw some S that I would consider, but would prefer not to go through international returns.

flatspotting

Reaction score
too bad they didnt have it in with that 30% off. i would have bought at least one item...

Yeah I really wish they did.... if they ran another 30% off this year after they got their SNS stock I will for sure be taking a look...

yesssir

Reaction score

anyone know how the moments are running this season?

+1 for this if anyone has tried them on. I really like the crew, and the cardigan is nice option between the Ion's neck line and the much higher Stark neck.

Based on End's chart, they seem in-line w/ the "new" Starks...but I'm hard pressed to rely too heavily on anyone's size chart.

I received the memento cardigan in the mail today and it fits exactly like my size large stark from last season. I picked up a large which fits me well. It's not too slim nor too slouchy and I'm around 6'0 160 nowadays. There's no way I could've squeezed into a medium. The weight is pretty heavy and I could see it working well as an outerwear piece in places that don't have really cold winters. I really like the lined handwarmer pockets as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads