• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sneakers With Tailoring: Yes, No, Maybe?

Sneakers With Tailoring: Yes, No, Maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
so...what's your point ?
my post history is very public, including all the times you've been exposed and then quietly stopped responding.

you don't think people should be allowed to disagree with you ?
you are free to block or ignore anyone, but you don't get to censor anyone.

Did I ever say that people shouldn't disagree with me? In the very beginning, I engaged with you politely and in earnest, and then over time, you got more acrimonious.

I'm saying that, if your entire post history is about me for many months -- for some people, now stretching closer to a year -- maybe break it up. Drop a note somewhere about something else every once in a while so you don't seem insane.

I "quietly stopped responding" because I just moved on, while you kept going on and on and on and on. This is proof that such behavior goes on despite me not responding for months.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming this is an earnest comment, why not then learn to dress beautifully but in a way that accords with your lifestyle and environment? Why insist on oxfords?
What makes you think I need to learn how to dress myself beautifully for my lifestyle? You really do think you've been sent here to be our savior, don't you?

I have oxfords for when the time is right, derbies and loafers and boots for when it's not. And I don't need to read a website to know the difference. I've been doing this a long time.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
so...what's your point ?
my post history is very public, including all the times you've been exposed and then quietly stopped responding.

you don't think people should be allowed to disagree with you ?
you are free to block or ignore anyone, but you don't get to censor anyone.

people who don’t share the same aesthetic preference as DWW are new to wearing clothes.

so if you want to look educated, go get yourself a pair of split toe derbies. It’s the only way to look like you are not new to clothes.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...or if they legitimate think walking around looking like a sales associate at a department store looks good.
Well, you might get mistaken for someone with a beautiful wife. That's step one, you know, toward your first pair of Cleverley shoes.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not entirely sure if these are what the thread had in mind, but I think this guy looks cool in his shoes.

SNK.JPG

But then again, he might look even cooler in loafers or derbs.

too_poor_for_this

Reaction score
Oh wow, another DWW troll account?

While this comment really brings back the nostalgia of vBulletin forums in 2010, no, unfortunately, this seems to just be a projection as to how much you care about this whole charade, to think about creating new accounts to "support a side", or something like that.

I’m not only commenting for me.

LOL i hope all those you represent and stand up for appreciate your goodwill

There are a number of us fully enjoying this train wreck in private conversations as well. This is more entertaining than anything on tv this weekend.

Are you throwing me one down the middle here? There's a number of you whispering to each other in the back of the classroom?

But on a serious note, UFC 263 yesterday was a great card. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'd also point out that limiting yourself to the TV for entertainment is so last century.

people who don’t share the same aesthetic preference as DWW are new to wearing clothes.

so if you want to look educated, go get yourself a pair of split toe derbies. It’s the only way to look like you are not new to clothes.

The sarcastic call-backs did make me chuckle the first few times I read it. By the 50th ... Reminds me of my best friend in grade 8 who loved to repeat jokes because there's no reason it wouldn't be funny the nth time if it was funny the first time.

Not entirely sure if these are what the thread had in mind, but I think this guy looks cool in his shoes.

View attachment 1675518

I unironically think this is cool but maybe the B&W does some work here

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I unironically think this is cool but maybe the B&W does some work here
Same. It's probably also true in general, that the context in the image colors the perception of the attire. For example, I'm sure there are a number of pics here where the guy looks cool (but not sexy, because max 1% of what is posted here appeals to women) in the image but might look unremarkable sitting at a cubicle or something.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#wrong

that outfit would not look as good with split toe derbies or loafers. That is your opinion, but it is wrong.

Now I’m not saying loafers or derbies would be bad, but I don’t think they would be better. Not at all. His shoe choice is better than split toe derbies.
My opinion is the only way that outfit would look good is burning.

View attachment 1675518

Actually the thread is about sneakers..
"SNEAKERS WITH TAILORING: YES, NO, MAYBE?"

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they look to me like a sort of sneaker. But it's not clear. What do you think? Bowling shoes, maybe?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads