• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sneaker Suggestions

Flame

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually Superstars are my favorite sneakers of all time, but the only ones that look good are the Vintage re-issue version.

For example:

superstar_vin_wht_snake.jpg

Notice the less bulkier heel counter and sleeker toe area.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaclav
In all those brands, the qualtity is lacking, because they didn't design them for any function.

I think HL sneakers are far higher in quality than your typical plastic Nikes. Ditto Reiter Sports.

minya

Reaction score
I wish Jack Purcells were not so godawfully motherfucking painful to wear. Sigh.

nairb49

Reaction score
^^no kidding.

I refuse to buy a pair due to that fact.

I think sambas are a classic that look good with almost every cut of jean, save super baggy wide leg.
I also agree that most classic slip-ons will fare well, not to mention the fact that they seem to be experiencing a huge surge of popularity these days.

minya

Reaction score
I think Purcells are my favorite sneakers style/design-wise but I don't even know if I can wear them anymore. They pretty much brutally **** my feet every time I wear them.

Are Chucks as uncomfortable?

minya

Reaction score
I am really pissed off -- the Adidas Adicolors cost $250. **** that. I really love some of the designs, but they're not worth that much.

Vaclav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SGladwell
I think HL sneakers are far higher in quality than your typical plastic Nikes. Ditto Reiter Sports.

I don't know about Nike so much, except for the original Cortez,they were not plastic.

How many games of tennis,can you play in the HL you are talking?

minya

Reaction score
oh, you're right, those are somewhat more reasonably priced.

I know that the J-Money/DQM ones, Hideout, and Woodwoods were $250 in the USA, though. I think the J-$/Woodwoods were my favorite overall. I like the Crooked Tongues, though...

Vaclav

Reaction score
Minya,

What happened to the friendship we had previous?

I feel a change since the SF crashed.Although really, I still am the same inside.

minya

Reaction score
don't worry, Vaclav.. I'm still your smooth buddy. and I know you're still down with the street crew.

Vaclav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
don't worry, Vaclav.. I'm still your smooth buddy. and I know you're still down with the street crew.

I am happy to hear this. Soon I'll post my street style.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads