• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sneaker Suggestions

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
5,761
Reaction score
77
I was just about to buy some new Chuck Taylors to wear for the summer but started thinking... Any other sneaker suggestions? I really like adidas (and will get another pair of superstars) but started looking around for something different. I am not much of a 'sneaker wearer' (as you can probably tell by my traditional sneaker picks - chucks and superstars) but I need something casual to wear with jeans and a t-shirt when playing out with the band during the summer. I kinda like these but not really sure.
Or these?
 

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Moderator
Joined
Mar 8, 2002
Messages
47,202
Reaction score
21,136
Oh no. Please don't. Here are a few suggestions that are infinitely better:

Adidas classic Italias (if you can find them) or the New Italias. Or Samoas.
Jack Purcells. The "other" Converse.
Van Sk8-Hi's
Van's slip ons (although I never wear these, I think that they can look cool.
Nike Blazers (pretty much the only Nike model I really like)
Spring Courts - Low courts or "Baskets". They are tought to come by, but I think that some Barney's have them.
Coq Sportif - various models - see YOOX.com. Oh, and support the forum.

Originally Posted by Tck13
I was just about to buy some new Chuck Taylors to wear for the summer but started thinking...

Any other sneaker suggestions? I really like adidas (and will get another pair of superstars) but started looking around for something different.

I am not much of a 'sneaker wearer' (as you can probably tell by my traditional sneaker picks - chucks and superstars) but I need something casual to wear with jeans and a t-shirt when playing out with the band during the summer.

I kinda like these but not really sure.


 

Vaclav

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
282
Reaction score
1
You should only buy sneakers,from sneaker companies.

This is my opinion.
 

seen

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
211
Reaction score
0
Adidas Rod Lavers definitely.

Go for vintage adidas superstars at Urban Outfitters
 

StevenRocks

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
617
Reaction score
0
Most classic adidas or Nikes are nice. I am starting to like some of the more subdued Puma and Asics models as well. The New Balance 991/992 is also cool.
 

Flame

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
1,700
Reaction score
56
Personally, I prefer black shoes, as they seem nicer when worn in. White look better with sleeker shoes though. My top 2 picks would be: Adidas Samba
Converse Jack Purcell
 

Ahaz

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Every photo I see of the Purcells looks slighty different. Can anyone tell me if the toe has an upturn to it? I can't stand when shoes do that
.
 

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
1,125
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Flame
Personally, I prefer black shoes, as they seem nicer when worn in. White look better with sleeker shoes though.

My top 2 picks would be:

Adidas Samba


Converse Jack Purcell


seconded.
i love both these. i have the sambas and theyre really comfy. and i like the indoor soccer version (pictured) cause it has the weird long tounge. :p
i stick to black shoes...
 

Babar

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Vaclav
You should only buy sneakers,from sneaker companies. This is my opinion.
Helmut Lang & Dior Homme do some great sneakers imo, but they are usually based on classic designs. Most stuff Gucci, LV, DG and Prada Sport put out is ugly as sin, though there's always exceptions.
 

Vaclav

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
282
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Babar
Helmut Lang & Dior Homme do some great sneakers imo, but they are usually based on classic designs. Most stuff Gucci, LV, DG and Prada Sport put out is ugly as sin, though there's always exceptions.

In all those brands, the qualtity is lacking, because they didn't design them for any function.
 
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
4,645
Reaction score
5
since you like superstars, think maybe a pair of white on white ups low might suit you? may be too hip hop for you, i see you mentioned you play in a band.



or maybe pro keds or pf flyers to go with your converse tendency

i second the vans skate hi, or slip-on suggestion
 

tweedlesinpink

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
354
Reaction score
0
slip-ons are all-purpose wear that goes with just about every look.

LA Guy, would you recommend any particular Le coq sportif sneaks? I was hunting around for some myself, but i haven't found a store here where i live.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,300
Messages
9,442,872
Members
197,859
Latest member
hardmanemane
Top