• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sleepyheads!!

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Share your sleeping habits with the forum. This is interesting to me because I am a light sleeper (very light - anything wakes me up) but I fall asleep almost instantly every night, which seems a weird combo to me.

clarity

Reaction score
Takes me about 15-30m to fall asleep and once I am out you pretty much have to punch me or flip the mattress over to get me to wake up. I have always read before falling asleep so nowadays whether or not I am reading it still takes me that extra time to pass out unless I am exhausted.

Reaction score
^ Me, too!
:high five:

I have had occasional bouts of the insomnia, and when I get it, it is bad.

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once I get into bed I fall asleep within 5 minutes. I am typically a very heavy sleeper. Having kids has made me sleep a little lighter. I hear them if they are making noise during the night about 75% of the time. It used to take a lot more than that to wake me up during the night.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I got married, I actually fall asleep a little faster. As always, I sleep hard.

James Gatz

Reaction score
It takes me about 15 to 30 minutes to fall asleep, but once I'm asleep that's it for the night. I used to read before bed but found myself pushing past the point of being tired to read a bit more; nowadays I do crossword puzzles to help myself fall asleep.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty much takes 45 minutes to an hour to fall asleep.. but after that has happened they could probably tear down the house around me without waking me
eh.gif
... Used to have some trouble with sleepwalking in turbulent times when I was younger, nowadays that doesnt happen any more, or so i'm told
tounge.gif

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
matters how tired i am, but i generally can fall asleep with in 10-15 minutes. but when i sleep i sleep fairly hard. although i twitch a lot at night, i dont know exactly why.

jgammel25

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife

I have had occasional bouts of the insomnia, and when I get it, it is bad.

I have brutal bouts with insomnia as well...

JonB27

Reaction score
It takes me 30-45 min. to fall asleep, I'm a fairly heavy sleeper but I always wake up minutes before my alarm clock goes off
confused.gif

tundrafour

Reaction score
When I was younger it'd take me a long time to fall asleep, generally 30 minutes to an hour. Over the past five or ten years, though, it's become progressively easier for me to fall asleep and now I'm usually asleep no more than five to ten minutes after getting into bed. I have always slept very heavily and continue to do so. It's nice.
smile.gif

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tundrafour
When I was younger it'd take me a long time to fall asleep, generally 30 minutes to an hour. Over the past five or ten years, though, it's become progressively easier for me to fall asleep and now I'm usually asleep no more than five to ten minutes after getting into bed. I have always slept very heavily and continue to do so. It's nice.
smile.gif

I hate you.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to sleep 3-5 hours, get up for 3-5 hours, then go back to bed and sleep another 3-5 hours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads