• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Skoaktiebolaget
When are you going to get resupply of
Paolo Scafora shoe trees size 10?
Your own cloud colored shoes trees?

The Cloud shoe trees has been discontinued and will not be restocked again. However, we have the Acorn, Forest and Travel shoe trees all available now and later also for restock. The Paolo Scafora shoe trees are expected to be shipped to us within a week or so from Naples. This means that they should be available in our store and on our web shop within two weeks, if everything goes as planned.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Could you, please, share your insights on the following:

- what is your weekend go to shoe?

I’m a suited dress shoe guy, on weekends I usually wear sneakers and jeans. But I’m kind of tired of those super comfortable Adidas, New Balance and Nike I own.

What do you guys wear?

Unlined suede loafers in the spring/summer and casual boots like chukkas, plaintive chunky boots, or Alden Indy (suede or CXL) in the fall/winter. Skoak carries several stylistic equivalents.

I also have some casual Allen Edmonds walking shoes with squishy rubber sole that are comfortable for long walks or taking kids to the playground. They’re kind of like sneakers but Goodyear welted.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I’m a suited dress shoe guy, on weekends I usually wear sneakers and jeans. But I’m kind of tired of those super comfortable Adidas, New Balance and Nike I own.

What do you guys wear?

Truth be told. I’d just look at nicer more minimal sneakers. Buttero, CP, Epaulet, etc.

If you want something a bit more dressy but still casual. Suede loafers and suede chukkas cant be beat

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

What do you guys wear?

You can do SO much better than sneakers. The Chukka may be THE most versatile item of footwear you can own. Skoak has offered many appealing options over the years. Assuming you are not needing something to pair with baggy camo cargo shorts (and if you are, we need to have a separate conversation) they will go with everything from cords, chinos and moleskins to tweed trousers paired with a sports coat.

I have worn this pair from Enzo Bonafe everywhere from the office on casual Friday paired with sport coat and no tie, to mountain hikes:

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

I am getting a TON of weekend wear out of these suede Bonafe Jodhpurs:

orig.jpg

Paired with cords below:

orig.jpg

And of course, the brown suede Chukka is perhaps THE definitive choice for versatile casual and smart casual wear. This pair from Carlos Santos:

orig.jpg

Overall, I recommend leaving the sneakers for sneaking.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trying to do a GMTO - Cross posting from the GMTO thread -

A sexier take on the Alden Indy/Jumper Boot

Waxy Kudu Jumper Boot GMTO
Jumper Boot with speed hooks (black eyelets?)
Leather - Camel Waxy Kudu
Last - 363mod
Welt - Reverse/storm
Edge Dressing - Antique
Sole - Dainite

upload_2018-3-1_8-52-39.png upload_2018-3-1_8-52-52.png

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, do any of the Paolo Scafora shoes accommodate a low instep?

I have started coming to terms with the fact that I have an exceedingly low instep - which brands and/or lasts accommodate a very low instep? I find G&G to be quite good in that department.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have started coming to terms with the fact that I have an exceedingly low instep - which brands and/or lasts accommodate a very low instep? I find G&G to be quite good in that department.

Not Lobb or Bonafe, I'm afraid.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+2. Share the info gents! Hopefully the new maker will help us out.

I do recall leaves or Gabriel saying that PS is on the lower side of instep fits.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+2. Share the info gents! Hopefully the new maker will help us out.

I do recall leaves or Gabriel saying that PS is on the lower side of instep fits.
Hey guys, do any of the Paolo Scafora shoes accommodate a low instep?

Check with Skoak. I find the fit rather funny for me. I took a full size down on door last derbies, as recommended by Skoak, and feel like I have an extra half size of length at the front. Though it also feels like the instep is low enough that if I went down an additional half size the shoes won't fit me.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Santos 316 a TTS last?

I sized down a half. Usually 9.5UK, went down to a 9UK on the black chelsea that I ordered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads