• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

elstinnett

Reaction score
I'm planning to place a pre-order for the EG Galway, but I wanted to solicit some sizing advice before placing the order. This will be my first EG, but I do have a few pairs of G&G. I wear a UK 9.5E in G&G MH71 and DG70. The MH71 is ever so slightly long and the DG70 length seems good, but the toe box is slightly tight. Gabriel recommended I stick with a 9.5E in the 82 last or go up a size if I prefer extra room for thick socks or insoles. Considering I don't generally wear thicker socks or insoles, I'm probably going to order the 9.5E. Any thoughts?

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm planning to place a pre-order for the EG Galway, but I wanted to solicit some sizing advice before placing the order.  This will be my first EG, but I do have a few pairs of G&G.  I wear a UK 9.5E in G&G MH71 and DG70.  The MH71 is ever so slightly long and the DG70 length seems good, but the toe box is slightly tight.  Gabriel recommended I stick with a 9.5E in the 82 last or go up a size if I prefer extra room for thick socks or insoles. Considering I don't generally wear thicker socks or insoles, I'm probably going to order the 9.5E.  Any thoughts?

Sounds like you got good advice to me. This is no surprise however, the good folks at Skoak usually hit the mark!

Great choice by the way.

Last edited:

CFML

Reaction score
I'm planning to place a pre-order for the EG Galway, but I wanted to solicit some sizing advice before placing the order. This will be my first EG, but I do have a few pairs of G&G. I wear a UK 9.5E in G&G MH71 and DG70. The MH71 is ever so slightly long and the DG70 length seems good, but the toe box is slightly tight. Gabriel recommended I stick with a 9.5E in the 82 last or go up a size if I prefer extra room for thick socks or insoles. Considering I don't generally wear thicker socks or insoles, I'm probably going to order the 9.5E. Any thoughts?

I have Malvern in 82E Last and St. James MH71 E.
Instep : MH71 a little bit low than 82
Heel : MH71 a bit narrowed than 82
Both last are so close in fit.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed my first GMTO order for the Galway (I think called 'doac cc').

Having very little EG sizing experience, I could use some advice.
I tried the 202 Alderley in 8.5e (grain calf), they were fine in width but a breath short. Then the 82 Galway also in 8.5e (soft utah calf) and it was too wide, and a hair short.
So, in my limited experience the 82 is wider than the 202 in same length/width configuration. Confusion on my part is caused by a few stating the opposite in this thread.
Would be great if some of you owning a number of configs could chime in. @RogerP - you sprang to mind for some reason. :) Especially as we seem to have the same base sizing (UK 8.5 - 9).

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Placed my first GMTO order for the Galway (I think called 'doac cc').

Having very little EG sizing experience, I could use some advice.
I tried the 202 Alderley in 8.5e (grain calf), they were fine in width but a breath short. Then the 82 Galway also in 8.5e (soft utah calf) and it was too wide, and a hair short.
So, in my limited experience the 82 is wider than the 202 in same length/width configuration. Confusion on my part is caused by a few stating the opposite in this thread.
Would be great if some of you owning a number of configs could chime in. @RogerP - you sprang to mind for some reason.
smile.gif
Especially as we seem to have the same base sizing (UK 8.5 - 9).

I'd be happy to, but I don't own any 202. Like you, I have read that the 202 is wider than the 82, but I have no direct experience to draw upon.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PS: Discovering footwear as a "hobby" will probably be my doom...

If you stay here you can be almost guaranteed two things:

You'll own and wear some of the best RTW shoes out there.

We've got you exactly where we want you. Your TOAST buddy!!! LOL

Last edited:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be happy to, but I don't own any 202.  Like you, I have read that the 202 is wider than the 82, but I have no direct experience to draw upon.

Thanks for the reply, Roger. Given that ambiguity I might need to pay the store one more sizing visit to make sure.
I chose a 9D for the Galway based on my experience, would go for 9D or maybe 9E for a 202 Alderley. Hmm...

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you stay here you can be almost guaranteed two things:

You'll own and wear some of the best RTW shoes out there.

We've got you exactly where we want you. Your TOAST buddy!!! LOL

I can assure you, encouragement is the last thing I need. Lol

phphl

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a Carmina GMTO for a split-toe derby in polo suede?

This style (sans crepe sole; I'm leaning towards a double danite sole):

(Photo courtesy: leaves)

In this colour:

In view of the new stock of Carmina's tan split-toe derby, would @Leaves please educate us on the different styles of split-toe derby that Carmina offers?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads