• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should go on a mission to civilize the Internet. I think you have a good chance at succeeding.

The problem is its hard to publicly shame an anonymous person on the Internet. Maybe people who post stupid things on SF should be banned until they post an equally stupid an embarrassing fit pic.
If you know this, then why suffer needlessly. It's an investment in your happiness. That's the best return you can get!

The wholecut in the new last is calling my name since someone snag the Sinatra in 6.5E already...

Would have jumped on the Nevis/Thorpe group too but I'm controlling myself

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The wholecut in the new last is calling my name since someone snag the Sinatra in 6.5E already...

Would have jumped on the Nevis/Thorpe group too but I'm controlling myself

It wasn't me, mine are in 6E and actually too tight on me lol. You can re-order it since it's out of stock for 50% deposit I believe.

Just jump on the Thorpe bro, it's 25% down and it won't be here until Fall 2015. It's like they built the wait in so you could make good on your promise to control and hold yourself back for 7.5 months and still get one in your size :D.

What good would it do to not buy anything for 7.5 months and then spend $300 more on the same thing? Isn't that more fiscally irresponsible lol.

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone up for a Mayfair Monkstrap in:
Vintage Oak/ Vintage Cherry/ Vintage Cedar (i'll go with the majority)
Oak Bark Sole (any Single color painted on sole)
Last: TG73 or a Deco last (if it can be used without extra surcharge)
Lining: Racing Green

the quarter brogue monkstrap is seldom seen in most other RTW. I'd be very interested in either that or a Hove in vintage cedar, perhaps finished by Dandyshoecare.

Oak or cedar!

thehaven22

Reaction score
Now that we have >6 people confirmed for the Carmina 5 eyelet chukka (Model 905) in snuff suede on dainite, it's time to hammer out the details. We are moving over to the Skoaktiebolaget topic instead of PMs to get this done faster and welcome outside opinions.

The last thing we need to figure out is the lining and either single or double dainite sole. Anyone else is free to chime in and/or join.

Confirmed:
@Faster @New Shoes1 @cbtaylor @sarteaga @ScottMC Myself, and 2 Non SFers

Interested:
@TweedyProf @CanadaCal

Edit: First to 4 votes wins.

Lining:
Faster - Red
New Shoes1 - prefers not red, votes for purple, black, green, or brown
sarteaga - Red or Green
ScottMC - Red
Non SFer A- Prefers purple over red but no real preference
Non SFer B - Purple
TweedyProf - Purple or Green
thehaven22 - Purple
cbtaylor - Purple
Gabriel of Skoak also suggests Purple

Dainite (Double or Single):
thehaven22 - Single but either works
New Shoes1 - Single
Non SFer A - Single

I am interested in organizing a Carmina suede chukka GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget's program. I'm trying to get this going this month before Carmina/Skoaktiebolaget's price increase in March. With the strength of the USD to the SEK, this is a good time to organize an order.

These chukkas will be a work horse by being able to worn in both casual and business casual settings easily. A lighter shade of suede is something that will add another dimension to your shoe rotation. The makeup is:
Model: 905 5 eyelet chukka

Last: Rain
Sole: Dainite
Leather: Snuff suede
Price: ~$390 + shipping, which may be around $40 if shipping to the US. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is required at the start of the GMTO, with the balance + shipping is charged once the shoes ship.

Last edited:

mcl911

Reaction score

Of course. But it also depends on how many shoes you already own. Imo, a green shoe would be good if I didn't have gaps for staples.

I guess it will end up me and you. Wanna find three more people? My girlfriend would join if g&g make women's size

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now that we have >6 people confirmed for the Carmina 5 eyelet chukka (Model 905) in snuff suede on dainite, it's time to hammer out the details. We are moving over to the Skoaktiebolaget topic instead of PMs to get this done faster and welcome outside opinions.

The last thing we need to figure out is the lining and either single or double dainite sole. Anyone else is free to chime in and/or join.

Confirmed:
@Faster @New Shoes1 @cbtaylor @sarteaga @ScottMC Myself, and 1 Non SFer

Interested:
@TweedyProf @Murlsquirl @CanadaCal

Lining:
Faster - Red
New Shoes1 - prefers not red, votes for purple, black, green, or brown
sarteaga - Red or Green
ScottMC - Red

Dainite (Double or Single):
thehaven22 - single but either works

I am interested in organizing a Carmina suede chukka GMTO via Skoaktiebolaget's program. I'm trying to get this going this month before Carmina/Skoaktiebolaget's price increase in March. With the strength of the USD to the SEK, this is a good time to organize an order.

These chukkas will be a work horse by being able to worn in both casual and business casual settings easily. A lighter shade of suede is something that will add another dimension to your shoe rotation. The makeup is:
Model: 905 5 eyelet chukka

Last: Rain
Sole: Dainite
Leather: Snuff suede
Price: ~$390 + shipping, which may be around $40 if shipping to the US. A 50% nonrefundable deposit is required at the start of the GMTO, with the balance + shipping is charged once the shoes ship.

Thanks for organizing. I'm fine with any lining color, other than red. Green might be an interesting choice.

I'm with you on single Danite sole. Below is a picture of our GMTO on a single Danite sole that I think looks great (not snuff suede, though). I checked with the owner of this make-up and he thought a double Danite sole would be too clunky for the Rain last, and I tend to agree.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not sure I get to vote yet but green and purple for lining. Maybe a quarter vote?

Does anyone have pics of the red or green? Epaulet has had purple in their Carminas and I quite like it.

Anyway discount my thoughts until I commit!

thehaven22

Reaction score
I'm not sure I get to vote yet but green and purple for lining. Maybe a quarter vote?

Does anyone have pics of the red or green? Epaulet has had purple in their Carminas and I quite like it.

Anyway discount my thoughts until I commit!
Yeah, I was thinking late comers get a slightly weaker vote. Sorry!

Here is red: http://www.styleforum.net/t/338047/...fe-official-affiliate-thread/615#post_6577481
Purple: http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/04/carmina-the-review.html

I don't have pictures of green, but I'm interested in seeing it too. I'm starting to think Carmina doesn't offer a green lining... I would be fine with red, but I want to hear some more opinions before I commit and bring the lining discussion to an end.

I'm itching to wrap up the details of the shoe. Organizing a GMTO is exhausting! It'll be worth it for this great makeup though.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fwiw I had a pair of white suede chukkas from trickers where the red was visible though the suede. I wouldn't go red on a lighter colored suede

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads